Eastern Michigan RN-BSN programRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Eastern Michigan RN-BSN program in Michigan State Nursing Programs, part of Michigan Nursing ... Hi, interested in knowing if anyone is enrolled or have graduated in this program? I am ready to...by rn2bn07 Jun 9, '08Hi, interested in knowing if anyone is enrolled or have graduated in this program? I am ready to get my bachelors, and I heard that they have off-site campuses and you only have to attend class one day a week. Is this true? If so, I would like your opinion of this and is it better than going online?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=309055©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,529 Views
- Jun 16, '08 by LittleCatBQuote from rn2bn07Hi, interested in knowing if anyone is enrolled or have graduated in this program? I am ready to get my bachelors, and I heard that they have off-site campuses and you only have to attend class one day a week. Is this true? If so, I would like your opinion of this and is it better than going online?
I have a friend who got her BSN this way through MCCC in Monroe... She said it was one Tuesday class a week for 2 years. There was a semester of clinicals- I think she said any community-based nursing job- she did clinicals with a home-care RN. She had all positive things to say about the program, and that it was nowhere near the stress of getting her ADN. I'm definitly looking into it, I think I'd prefer one class day a week to online courses.
Sorry this info is second-hand! :spin:
- Aug 10, '08 by JC-NurseAnyone completed BSN through Monroe County Community College? How is it? Thanks.
- Nov 19, '11 by adpeekaHi, I will be starting the rn-bsn at emu Livonia campus in winter. Can anyone tell me what the program is like and if you can work while in program? Thanks.
- Nov 20, '11 by rmtoccInquiring minds want to know! lol Im a current student at OCC (1st year) and considering EMU's rn-bsn program (and would hope to get assigned to the Livonia campus)...
adpeeka, please let us know how it goes! Also, what was the application process like for the rn-bsn? Where did you get your adn from?
thanks in advance!
- Nov 22, '11 by adpeekaHello rmtoocc,
I received my nursing degree from Schoolcraft College. I start the RN-BSN program at EMU livonia campus in January 2012. Application process for me went smoothly, due to the fact I was macro satisfied. I got in with priority because of the macro stamp and GPA. They only accept 50 students. I will let you know how it goes. Good Luck!
- Nov 22, '11 by rmtoccthat's good to know...I have 2-3 classes to complete to be macro satisfied. So it looks like I'll be taking those before I apply...what's the application deadline? Just 50 per YEAR with january start only?