Anybody awaiting Baker College acceptance letters? - Page 8Register Today!
- Aug 5, '12 by brightfuturThanx for the advice Dmccollum. Would you say that the program is manageable though? I heard from some that is was and others that its death! lol
- Aug 5, '12 by DmccollumFrom my perspective it is manageable. I am married with two kids and am the sole support of my household. I have worked through every term. Being realistic is a big part of my success in this program. I would love to get a 4.0 but really it's about getting the most from this program, learning to critically think and applying what you have learned. I would not say it is death but I have spent many nights wondering if I made the right decision. I can now assure you that I have and so have you.
Nursing is Patients; Nursing is Patience.
- Aug 5, '12 by mistydbuffaLuckily I don't work right now, but that may change in the future. Its nice to meet someone who is doing it. What had been the thing you didn't expect? What was most shocking so far? What was hardest? What was easiest? I know, tons of questions. I'm a bit nervous lol. Thanks for the insight. Also married mother of 4 boys.
- Aug 5, '12 by lisafiseHi Everyone! I'm in too and just found this. Anybody have any idea what our schedule is going to look like? I was hoping that they would tell us with the acceptance letter. I'm trying to figure out childcare. I'm going to ask tomorrow when I turn in my papers too. Excited to meet everyone and be in classes together!
- Aug 5, '12 by lisafiseOh and congratulations to all of you!!!
- Aug 5, '12 by DmccollumThe hardest part for me was adjusting to a large workload of unfamiliar material that seems like its all due at the same time. I found nothing to really be shocking. In terms of easiest when you pass your first term and move to your second you will think phew, last term was easy! What I really didn't expect was how the team came together to offer support one another when needed. No problem with the questions I'm always willing to help if and when I can and again don't e afraid to stop us in the halls!
Nursing is Patients; Nursing is Patience.
- Aug 9, '12 by sarahmeridithHi! When I turned my paperwork in the person in the nursing office told me to expect 3 days of classes starting at 9am and 1 day of clinicals. I am looking forward to finding out the ext details though, I am suprised we have to wait until orintation, I know finsing out so late is going to make it tough to get my kids lined up with a sitter or day care :/
- Aug 10, '12 by mistydbuffaI feel the same. I am excited. But last minute child care is tough. I have 4 boys. Luckily two are in school. But looking forward it. Look for me on face book. And look for our classes baker college ct page. There are a few of us on there and we love to chat!!! Congrats and good luck!
- Sep 6, '12 by ang829Hi Everyone!
Congratulations on being accepted into the Fall start. I too applied (at Flint campus) but I did not get in. I will be reapplying in October and the only way for me to increase my chance of getting accepted is to improve my Kaplan score which I will be retaking this fall as well. I did great on the reading and math sections but very poor on the writing and a&p sections. I just wanted to ask you guys how you prepared for the Kaplan since it seems that you all did pretty well on it. Any tips and advice would be sooooooo appreciated!! Since Baker has now put in place the rule that you can only apply twice, this is my last shot at Baker so I am SO desperate to get in. Thank you so much and I wish you all the best of luck in the program!
- Sep 6, '12 by mistydbuffaWith the writing, u can save a bit of time by focusing on the specifics asked. The a&p portion, I don't know what to offer. Study electrolytes, heart, Neuro, and metabolism. Those were my hard part. I did the worst in the science with a 65% but did so well in the other areas I ended up with an 86% over all. Good luck, and sorry you missed this round. Taking it a second time may be better cause you know what to expect. Think back to the prior test, I am sure it will be similar.