WCCCD nursing fall 2012 hopefuls! - Page 18Register Today!
- Aug 8, '12 by kyndlesmomHi everyone,
new to this site and a little worried about my application. I put it in next week and my TEAS scores werent that great and reading the previous post I dont know what a 3.4 will get and my TEAS were a 76 reading and 53 math. Got all classes and co req done and wrk exp. what would be my average # of pts anyone know?Last edit by kyndlesmom on Aug 8, '12 : Reason: misspelled
- Aug 11, '12 by darienyour grades are good, but you need to raise one or two of your grades to be safe, if you got a b in something re-take the course and get and A. They also take the greater of the wo between your pre's and co's. whichever gpa is higher. I took the liberty of calculating your points. teas you got a total of 10 pts out of 20 not bad. 10 pts pre's and 5pts co's, work experience 5pts and gpa 40pts. giving you a total of 65 pts. the absolute lowest score they took last semester was 76 pts. So, good luck! hpe this helps anything is possible.
- Aug 13, '12 by kyndlesmomHi,
Well thats dissapointing. How do you get the amount of what each thing is? what is the essays and recommendations letters for do they hold any bearing on anything as far as their decision making? Do they tell you your points at the application eeting? And also if you are not accepted,do they let you know?
- Aug 13, '12 by darienThey will tell you the points system at the app. meeting. Essays and recommendations hold sway only if they have a number of qualified applicants with the same amount of points. And yes, if denied you will recieve a letter. Cheer up, if you do not get in it's not the end of the world, wcccd takes in 240 nursing students per year! with no waiting list HFCC and OCC are 2 and 4 years right now, Improve on your points by a small margin and your in simple as that! OH, by the way do not re-take the teas, improving your gpa is the better option for you, you have a 3.4, 3.5 your automatically in, re-take something to improve your gpa. good luck again! send me a private message if you have anymore questions?
- Aug 20, '12 by I no u c meHi everyone, I'm currenly waiting on an acceptance or denial letter for Spring 2013. I was wondering how was the first day?
- Aug 21, '12 by Kadambarihas anyone heard anything yet?