University of Michigan (UofM) Accelerated program
- 0Nov 6, '08 by LovinbeingaMommyHi everyone!!! I am new to allnurses.com - I was wondering if anyone has applied for the Fall 2009 accelerated program? I have not been able to attend an information session due to scheduling conflicts. Does anyone know how many people apply to the program or know any "insider" info? I know that 50 people get in every year - I just submited my application last week for the early response deadline - good luck to all!!
- 116,369 Visits
- 0Nov 9, '08 by parrisHey,
I applied in mid August for the accelerated program. I have not heard anything from them. I was told by the last person I talked to that they would send letters out by at least the end of the month. I am waiting impatiently! On their web site it said that they would let you know in about 6-8 weeks, I guess that is not that case.
Does anyone know anything about average GPA’s or any other information?
P.S What is the early response deadline?
- 0Nov 9, '08 by nv2998hey,
during the info session they did say 3.0/4.0 is recommended, but it is not too important. if people have a lower gpa and show potential in other parts they will look at that. this year they were going to have rolling admission so they were planning to look at the applications as they came in and not wait until any particular date.
- 0Nov 12, '08 by nv2998hi,
i just called ufm student admissions and they told me that it would be 8-10 weeks from when my application was complete. apparently they have just started looking at applications. also, i know someone who applied mid-august and got a waitlist letter recently. so good luck!
- 0Nov 22, '08 by butterfly04has anyone heard back yet? i'm in the process of applying to the program and i was wondering if anyone has anymore information about the program. how many students do they usually accept? what are they really looking at in applicants? are they still using the "points" method for admissions? (there was a lot of controversy about this issue and supposedly they were going to get rid of it)
i would appreciate any information!thanks!