university of detroit mercy second degree program - Page 5Register Today!
- Apr 11, '10 by sophia26
- Apr 11, '10 by creativetype2007No worries. If you change your mind let me know. It's about 40 pages of very detailed notes from the first two week assessement class that you must pass or you are out. 15 people didn't pass it last semseter (so my friend told me who is in the program) so just let me know if you want it and I'd be happy to email you. It's pretty cool actually as I've looked over it in case I went.
- Apr 27, '10 by kmd314313RN,
I was just wondering where you found the Michigan Nurses Association (MNA) Licensing and Regulation Book? I've searched all over and haven't had any luck.
- Apr 27, '10 by jkb1999I can't find it anywhere either!! I have all other books/items needed for the first semester. Wonder when we will find out the times and locations for our clinicals.
- Apr 27, '10 by sophia26I found that book used on amazon.com, but when I searched for it there were only a couple copies available.
- May 2, '10 by 313RNActually I never bought it, never needed it.
- May 2, '10 by 313RNYou probably won't get your clinical assignments until week 2 or so. It takes a while to get them finalized. Just rememebr, what you get is what you get.
- Jun 8, '10 by CNTnurseI just found out that I was accepted to the Jan 2011 cohort! How was your first month in the program?
- Jun 11, '10 by 313RNThe first 3 weeks of the program are a honeymoon. Week 4 is when the full load gets dropped on you. It basically sucks for the next 25 or so weeks of the program (about 10 months all in all) and the last 5 are great.
Somewhere on here I went into great detail about the program. If you look at the threads I posted you should get a pretty good feel for my opinion it.
Was it worth it? Yes. Would I do it again? Only if I absolutely had to.
It's hard, but it's doable.