Oakland Community CollegeRegister Today!
- by Ms. Nurse Assistant Dec 11, '08What are the pre reqs for thier nursing program? On the site I only see about 7 classes.
- Dec 11, '08 by a_damselactually. there are 11. only students that complete the "priority I" classes are accepted due to the number of applicants. the info is on pg 2 of the pdf: http://www.oaklandcc.edu/nursing/Docs/ADN_Nursing.pdf
- Dec 17, '08 by Ready2hittheHospitalQuote from a_damselactually. there are 11. only students that complete the "priority I" classes are accepted due to the number of applicants. the info is on pg 2 of the pdf: http://www.oaklandcc.edu/nursing/Docs/ADN_Nursing.pdf
That information is no longer correct. I checked with the counseling department and was told, that its no longer active. There is no Priority 1 or 2. You have to have all of your pre-reqs completed
Last edit by Ready2hittheHospital on Dec 17, '08 : Reason: mispelled words
- A &P 1 and 2
- Microbiology with lab or Microbiology of health and disease
- English 1510 and 1520 or Professional Communication instead of 1520
- Intro to Psych
- American Government
- Humanities Elective
- Physical Education
- Dec 18, '08 by Ready2hittheHospitalQuote from jugreThere are 11 pre-reqs that must be completed before or by the application deadline of December 15 for Fall of the following year. However, there is no longer Priority I(finished all 11 pre-reqs) & Priority II (which would be those who have not finished all pre-reqs, bu the majority of the Science classes).Isn't that 11 classes?
In order to apply to OCC, you have to have all 11 pre-reqs finished!!!!
- Jan 1, '09 by skitty4444How do you like the school? I am signing up for the TPN program. I am graduating LPN school in 2 1/2 months, and wish to get an RN degree. I have all prereqs except the Pys Ed.
- Jan 3, '09 by jugreQuote from skitty4444How do you like the school? I am signing up for the TPN program. I am graduating LPN school in 2 1/2 months, and wish to get an RN degree. I have all prereqs except the Pys Ed.
I like it. I underestimated how hard it would be and I had a crappy instructor for acute care clinicals, but I survived! I start my psych rotation next week, then ob, then med-surg. It's going to be a long 22.5 weeks! You should be able to get in for next fall I would think, especially since you are already going to be a LPN. For phys ed I took stress management. It's an easy A. Congratulations on your graduation! That's great!
- Jan 3, '09 by skitty4444Thanks and good luck to you!
- Jan 6, '09 by Sirena922Hey Skitty4444 how do u like the LPN program? Was it a requirement that you complete all your pre-req's at OCC? How is the clinicals going and where do you take them at.