Nurse Extern interview-HFHS - Page 2Register Today!
- Aug 3, '10 by ladycjCongrats, I got mine also, what department are you going to do your externship in? When do you start?
- Aug 4, '10 by RN2Be-2011hey ladycj...congrats!!!!!! They are placing me on physical rehab floor which should be interesting!!!!!! I start on the 15th...How about you?????
- Aug 4, '10 by ladycjWell long story short I has two interviews for extern positions and I got the dates confused so I missed one and HFHS called me and I made it for that one Wednesday. So I am where you are at starting on the 15th in the mental health dep. I am so happy because I asked for this area and I got it. I go tomorrow for a meeting. Then the 15th with orientation.
- Sep 1, '10 by Tiffie1210Hey just wondering how did you guys go about applying for the extern postions? I've been seaching online but cant seem to find anything
- Sep 13, '10 by ladycjJust keep looking for postings usually around December/ January and June/ July because this is when the extern and interns graduate so there are openings.
- Sep 18, '10 by chuckzI was a nurse extern my last two semesters of nursing school at HFHS downtown in the ER. It was the best experience of my life. I loved my job and really loved the people. I am now a nurse in the MICU and love that too. Henry Ford is a great system to work for and I really don't want to go anywhere else. We have a lot of autonomy, especially in the MICU.
Congrats on your job. Make contacts, work hard and learn how to prioritize and organize your care. It's hard to get these extern jobs. I got mine because I pestered the recruiter until she got sick of hearing from me. Like the above poster said, keep looking for positions. You will find one. Good luck and congrats once again.
- Sep 22, '10 by cheska_rnCongrats!
Just out of curiousity -- were you guys that got the externship positions Henry Ford students/grads?