ITT Tech? - Page 21Register Today!
- Aug 31, '11 by bevtagI just want to encourage you to pursue your dreams. I was in another accredited nursing program and literally almost committed suicide. The instructors were so suspicious and hateful. ITT was a gift from God! I just finished last week and feel like the teachers have my back and are my friends. Our chair would fire any teachers if they treated us the way the other school did. ITT has been a positive atmosphere for me. p.s. I'm older than you are
- Sep 2, '11 by vallen57Hi all, I am in the second class of the nursing program at ITT Tech in Lake Mary, FL. I choose ITT because I am an older student and did not have the 3 years to wait to get into a CC nursing program. I am not going to lie and say there have not been challenges as it being a new program, but the school has taken then students concerns and made the necessary changes. All for the best. Our instructors are amazing, and I think it being a private college they have the money to pay to get excellent instructors. The other benefits is that I now it is expensive, but all your books are included, if you have had to purchase your own college books, they are not cheap. I did the math for the first semester only and the book alone would have cost 3500 out of my pocket, but since they are included in you cost, it is a great thing. The college is great in assisting you in getting loans and grants too. Our program is a hybrid with most students only having to go two days a week, so you can still work, unlike community colleges where they are 4 to 5 days a week. If you have general education classes to do, they are done along with the programs, this can make for a tough semester, but if I can do it at 40 something anyone can. They other thing I like about the programs there is no learning skills as you do clinicals, you have to know them all before you hit the hospital floors. We have students at my hospital ( I am currently a CNA) and they do don't seem to know as many skills as I do already. So far I am loving my programs, especially after the last semester with the instructor change, Love them all now. Good luck, I hope you like it as much as I do. yeah:
- Sep 22, '11 by bevtagHey, This is for Katy-Nursing Student (since I can't figure out how to respond to your message ) ITT is now taking new students. Last I heard (a week ago), people can still be accepted for the September class, but you'd probably be better off to wait until December, 2011 because you'll be crazy busy trying to catch up. Call 405-810-4100 and ask.
- Hi!I will have my entrance exam at ITT TECH nex week Thursday.The guy I talked to he said there is no science part or chemistry.What kind of a test is that.Actually he told me that is called "HESI ",but I cant find any nursing entrance exam that does not require Science or A&P.What is going on.
The scool I looked at is in Akron,across the Summit Mall.
- Hi!I will have my entarance exam at ITT, and the guy from there tolt me that I don't need science part.I just found your post and I am really glad,because I was not sure what to expect.
If you don't mind me asking you. Which study guide you used?Please let me know, I have a test next week.I am confused, and don't know what will be on the exam. I am scared to death!Thank you in advence.
- Oct 6, '11 by MsAshleyDon't be afraid the Hesi isn't that bad at all. It has math reading and english on it as well as vocab if I remember correctly. Be sure to know your conversions (g to mg, lbs to kg) things like that. They don't put science on there because they don't require you to take science to get into the program. That is already built in. When I took the hesi here however we had to take the science portion which killed my test score. Because I hadn't taken science yet I didn't do well and it actually caused me to have to wait a year before starting. Lucky for you you don't have to take it! The math reading and vocab are pretty easy. Its been a while since I've taken it though. I believe I bought the hesi exam study book and also used the kaplan guide. I believe I still have the pdf of the kaplan. Private message me your email and I will send it to you if I can find it!
- Thank you Ms Ashley.I just feel like the more I practice the worse I get.Maybe its my nerves,I have been practicing so much.Thank you.I have some Hesi Study guides .I try those too.
- Nov 2, '11 by bevtagHi, All,
I just graduated from ITT in Oklahoma City. It was a fast 2 years.
I can't speak for other schools, but the one here has a tutor who (free of charge) will help your prepare for the Hesi. They have a small book for it, but most people I have talked to found it to be useless. None of the English grammar stuff was on my test, other than just stuff the regular person should know.
Mainly they just want to know if you are a good candidate for school. They will have all the classes you need as part of your curriculum if you're lacking. Just be able to do your basic math stuff. I was asked biology questions, math, a little chemistry, and anatomy & physiology. What I did to prepare was to reread my anatomy & physiology book, which covered the chemistry part of the test as well as the biology.
Please don't get worked up over the test. Do some practice questions online just to get some of the rust out of your brain if it's been awhile since you were in any of the classes mentioned above. ITT is very willing to help you succeed. Call your local school and ask for suggestions to prepare. Just don't let fear take over.
Best wishes! Studying for my NCLEX now!
- Nov 3, '11 by strawberyheelzHi
How did you enjoy the nursing classes? I start in December and would love to know how you feel the ITT experience was
Thank in advance