I need a job!Register Today!
- by Payin' my dues Sep 26, '03Hi! I am new to this site, so please excuse me if I do something wrong!
I passed my LPN boards in July, and have been looking for a job since then. The search has gone badly; I've had 1 interview--no job. I live just outside Grand Rapids, MI. I have not looked into LTC, as I'm nervous to be a supervisor when I'm a brand new nurse.
Any ideas would be appreciated!!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=45438©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,965 Views
- Sep 27, '03 by aimeeeYou might want to give LTC another consideration. They often have openings and you would be working with a more stable population base that would allow you to get your feet on the ground. In most LTC's there is another nurse or two on the floor to go to with questions. And if one of your patients does go bad, the rule is usually "when in doubt, ship 'em out!"
- Sep 28, '03 by nursedawn67I was a brand new nurse that went to LTC, and I had been a CNA in LTC at one time which made it harder to be the one in charge now. but you can do whatever you put your mind to. I personally say go for it! Good luck!
- Sep 28, '03 by renerianI think I would look into LTC again. I don't know how the michigan regs are but I think in Ohio they have to be in the building or accesible by phone/RN supervisor. Just a thought.
- Sep 28, '03 by nursedawn67Originally posted by renerian
I think I would look into LTC again. I don't know how the michigan regs are but I think in Ohio they have to be in the building or accesible by phone/RN supervisor. Just a thought.
- Sep 29, '03 by Payin' my duesThank you so much for your recommendations! I hadn't really thought about the patients being quite stable; just about having to deal with an employee that knows I've never worked in LTC. Maybe I'll give LTC another look. Thank you!
- Sep 30, '03 by MelRN13Depending on which way outside of GR you are, I know of some smaller, community based hospitals that hire LPNs. PM me and we can talk.
- Oct 3, '03 by Football RNI work at Allegan General Hospital. We are 20-30 miles South of Grand Rapids, depending on which side of the city you live on. We use LPNs in MedSurg, OB Nursery, as supplemental staff in Telemetry, and in Sterile Processing. We anticipate several new LPN jobs in MedSurg in the near future (making some upgrades to our employee skill mix). Please take a look at our website for a virtual tour of the hospital- www.aghosp.org If you are interested, send us your resume. Good luck with your job hunt!