GN starting pay in Jackson/Lansing?Register Today!
- by jennileigh8182 Nov 3, '11I know this comes up ALL the time, but....hey. Everyone knows the anxious position that I'm currently in.
I'm wondering what starting pay is for Graduate Nurses in the Lansing/Jackson area. I graduate in December and I have an interview next week with Allegiance in Jackson for a GN position in the ED, and also have an app in with Sparrow (where I'm doing some of my clinicals and am so far much loved) for their nurse residency program. I'm just getting a bit anxious and wondered if anyone knows.
- Nov 4, '11 by MInurse.stAllegiance is $25, the new grad ER position is nights, which is a $3/hr differential.
- Nov 5, '11 by jennileigh8182That's the grad nurse rate? Thank you!
Do you know any other specifics? Able to start before taking NCLEX? Loan forgiveness?
- Nov 5, '11 by MInurse.stI'm not sure if there's a difference between GN and RN wages, that was what I was offered as a GN. You can definitely start before NCLEX for the ER internship. They do have some tuition reimbursement also, but I don't know anything else about benefits, since I took a different job instead.
- Nov 5, '11 by jennileigh8182Thank you for the answers!