Charity's HESI sections?Register Today!
- by Sydlie Jul 15, '11Hey out there! I'm going to be taking the HESI-A2 next month in order to apply to Charity School of Nursing & in my looking online for information on the test, I've seen people at other schools mentioning which sections of the test they'd be required to take. Apparently some schools only require Math, Reading and Vocab while others additionally require things like Physics, Chemistry and A&P. I've looked all over Charity's & Delgado's websites with no luck, I even asked at the testing center when I scheduled my test date and the girl working there didn't have a clue. I've ordered 3 different study guides, but if I'm only going to be tested on 3 subjects, I'd rather not study for 6.
And so I ask you, my predecessors in the program, if any of you might know where I can find what subjects I'll be tested on or if you remember what the HESI covered (I know many of you took the TEAS, which had geology???) Any other advise or wisdom you may have wouldn't be turned down!
Thank you in advance
- Jul 15, '11 by BundokSaintI took the TEAS, so I don't have any experience with the HESI. Don't know if you already saw it, but I found this on the Delgado/Charity website:
It was on the Admission Requirements & Information page:
- Jul 18, '11 by Phi823I'm trying to find out the same info as well. The HESI info link on Charity's website mentions all is the sections except Chemistry and Physics. I tried calling there 3 times today, and it's just a recorder. I'm going to email head of admissions (can't put her name on here), and I will let you know what she says.
- Jul 18, '11 by Phi823She just emailed me back, and she said that all of the sections except chemistry and physics are on the test. Yay!! I took Chem 101 and 102 at SLU, but I was nervous about the physics. Now I can just focus on the biology and anatomy.When are you taking yours? I'm taking it on 8/24.
- Jul 21, '11 by SydlieThank you, everyone! I did find the info shortly after posting here, but they don't make it easy to find!
I'm taking the test on 8/24, too. And I'm having such issues with Delgado's admission (none my fault, I've gone to campus twice and spent hours on hold and every time I'm told everything's fine now and I can register for classes, but I'm still listed as not being admitted for the Fall semester!), that I may end up applying to the BSN program at LSU as well. I've just emailed LSU to see if they'll accept the HESI from Delgado or if I have to cancel there and re-sign up through them.
As long as no one requires Physics, I should be fine. I've been going through the study manuals and everything in there seems pretty basic- fingers crossed!
- Jul 23, '11 by MsLeanaPer http://www.dcc.edu/campus/charity/HESI_information.pdf, "The HESI A 2 is a timed, computerized test with the following sections: Math, Reading Comprehension, Grammar, Vocabulary, Biology and Anatomy and Physiology."
I am planning to take the test on 8/22. Delgado is so unorganized. I called the testing center on the westbank to ask them if I could go to the city park campus to pay and register to take the exam on the westbank and the person on the phone told me yes. So I go there, fill out the forms and pay only to find out that I have to take my paperwork to the west bank to register. I'm so frustrated. I went to Delgado, 3 times last week just trying to register for 2 classes and sign up for the exam!
- Jul 25, '11 by SydlieQuote from MsLeanaI still can't even register for classes! 2 weeks now & no one knows why I'm not admitted for the Fall semester. I've filled out forms, made calls, sent emails, gone to campus... The worst part is, if I can't get this mess straightened with DCC, I'll have to cancel my HESI (without knowing if I'll get a refund) and reschedule with the LSU code.I went to Delgado, 3 times last week just trying to register for 2 classes and sign up for the exam!
Always something, right? LOL
- Jul 25, '11 by Phi823Sydlie, did you go to the Student Self Services page, and click on Student Requirements?? It may tell you that they are missing some paperwork, etc.. from you. They did the same thing to me when I was trying to register last semester as a transfer student. I don't know where you live, but the Covington campus basically consists of 1 tiny building w/ 2 ladies sitting at the desk when you walk in that can answer any questions. I have never had any luck over the phone though. And about the HESI test, when I went to register at the Covington campus for the test, the testing lady said that it was only being given at City Park, and to register there for it even though the HESI schedule says that you can take it at any location. So, why doesen't someone change that on the website so it doesen't confuse people? It's unorganized, and not enough people hired to give students the correct info.
- Jul 25, '11 by Phi823Oh, and one more thing....If I were you, I would make an appt with an advisor to register, and when she pulls it up and it says, 'Not Admitted', maybe she can make some calls or figure out why right then and there.
- Jul 25, '11 by MsLeanaQuote from SydliePrint out your unofficial transcripts and go talk to the science advisor... That's what worked for me. I had a hold on my account because the admissions office hadn't processed my transcripts (that they had already received). I brought my transcripts to my advisor so she could check for pre-reqs then I had to bring them to the admissions office so they could remove the hold. If u need the list of advisors send me your email address and I will send it to you.I still can't even register for classes! 2 weeks now & no one knows why I'm not admitted for the Fall semester. I've filled out forms, made calls, sent emails, gone to campus... The worst part is, if I can't get this mess straightened with DCC, I'll have to cancel my HESI (without knowing if I'll get a refund) and reschedule with the LSU code.
Always something, right? LOL
O, and one more thing. After I finally got registered for my classes I realized that they billed the application fee to my account twice. No one over the phone can help so it looks like I'll be going back to Delgado for the 5th time...