Anyone heard of Athena Career Academy? - Page 5Register Today!
- Sep 13, '08 by Sirena922How long is their program at Athena? And what testing do they require for entrance?
- Sep 16, '08 by mrsraggs01hey sirena i sent my app in like two weeks ago in the mail but no response yet i called and they said they haven't got it yet so i'm patiently waiting i guess i still hope to get in the mar 09 program as an alternate
- Sep 17, '08 by Sirena922Hey Mrsraggs, I mailed my $100 last thursday instead of taking it down there. I called the school yesterday (Tuesday) and they received my payment and my test date is November 14th. The lady said she should be mailing the information to me.
- Quote from hayley_drewI graduated from ATHENA CAREER ACADEMY, it is a prvate school and their pass rate exceeds Toledo School of Practical Nursing, I heard TSPN was losing their lciense because of poor pass rates and poor NCLEX rates, Athena is in a much better location and they really care about their students, they also include IV certification in their program. Conditionsl spproval means they are a new program it doesn't effect whether the students graduate, all school are on coditionsl spprovsl their first year. What is really bad is if they lose their full spproval as TSPN and Browne-Mackie College are in danger of!! Half of our students come from Michigan. They are also working on an online LPN-RN program and I sm tranferring to Lourdes College they have an affiliate agreement with ATHENA for the LPN to BSN with no wait for seats. ATHENA looks more expensive because all books/materials/lab fees, uniforms, graduation, NCLEX fees are al included with the price everyone makes you pay extra money each quarter. There is no federal funding, they have Sallie Mae and a higher quality.
HEY HALEY DREW.... HOW IS THE OVERALL PROGRAM AT ATHENA?? WAS IT HARD??? HOW WERE TE CLINICALS???? CAN U TELL ME IF THE NO WORKER LEFT BEHIND PROGRAM PAYS FOR IT THERE I LIVE IN DETROIT..WILL I HAVE TO MOVE TO OHIO TO GET FUNDING??
- Sep 18, '08 by mrsraggs01yeah i called today too and she said i test in november also finally have u studied the test alot of ppl tell me they failed the first time but the study guide seems pretty easily ur planning on the july prgrm right well good luck
- Sep 18, '08 by mrsraggs01are u plannin on moving to the ohio area i think housing there is really cheap but some areas i heard were worse than detroit ruff area but everthing there is cheaper than michigan i think i sometimes go to visit and the gas prices are way cheaper and food i think
- Quote from mrsraggs01are u plannin on moving to the ohio area i think housing there is really cheap but some areas i heard were worse than detroit ruff area but everthing there is cheaper than michigan i think i sometimes go to visit and the gas prices are way cheaper and food i think
NO I HAVE NOT STUDIED.. WHERE CAN U GET THE STUDY MATERIALS FROM?? IM TRYING TO GO TO THE OCTOBER CLASS... DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE NO WORKER LEFT BEHIND PROGRAM?? IS IT OFFERED IN OHIO????
- Quote from Sirena922How long is their program at Athena? And what testing do they require for entrance?
THE PROGRAM AT ATHENA IS 1 YEAR THE COST IS 17,050 WHICH INCLUDES EVERYTHING THAT YOU WILL NEED THE WHOLE YEAR INCLUDING GRADUATION... THEY ONLY HAVE SALLY MAE LOANS AND YOU HAVE TO HAVE A CO-SIGNER AND THEIR IS AN ENTRANCE TEST THAT YOU HAVE TO SCORE ATLEAST 50 PERCENT ON IN ORDER TO BE ADMITTED... YOU HAVE TO BE CNA/MA CERTIFIED ALSO....
- Sep 20, '08 by mrsraggs01i got a book from a friend but i also found a study guide on here by searching NET
the no worker left behind prg i heard u can only make 40,000 to qualify i don't know much about it i was going to apply but we make alittle more than 40000 combined
- Sep 20, '08 by Sirena922I bought that NET Study Guide and have been passing it so far with 80% I'm hoping the test will be the same when I take it. As far as Athena I can't take out those loans for the program so I'll stick with a school that has funding or will take the stafford loans or something else I guess. MsRaggs, maybe I'll see you on test day in November, keep me posted when you get the info in the mail and I'll do the same. I was planning on driving back and forth to Toledo because i'm already in an apartment and my son is in High School and I'll be getting unemployment by then and saving a little money between now and then for any extra's. I know a few people that live in Toldeo but I won't stay there myself, I'll take my chances on the driving.