What were the gender ratios in your nursing classes? - Page 3Register Today!
- Jun 20, '11 by SamHill4 males, 56 females. No clue about sexual orientation and don't really care to know.
- Jun 22, '11 by JOJObaHopkins 2012 trad class
1:9 ratio (15males:135females)
6 straight, 4 gay, 5 idk
the odds are good, but the goods are odd
- Jul 3, '11 by Karl Farmer25 years as an LPN, I am telling you that 80% of all male nurses I have encountered are homosexual. Including yours, truly. My problem is you'd never peg me as such, and it isn't pleasant being hit on by women at work, and having to blow them off- when they lack gaydar they get very angry to find out. I'm not in, nor out, I simply don't care- and only explain myself when women hit on me, to prevent it from happening again. Comments, ladies?
- Jul 4, '11 by Anoetos"The odds are good, but the goods are odd"
You said a mouthful there, buddy. Describes hospital work in general, IMO.
- Jul 4, '11 by royhanosnwhether gay or straight. your sexual orientation has nothing to do with your work.
If you get hit on, consider it a compliment. I am a male nurse, and I have been hit, and enjoy it.
be their friend, not a lover.
- Jul 4, '11 by Karl FarmerIt has nothing to is why I don't want hit on. One women stalked me, ended up fired. It's CREEPY. They need to stick to try to snagging a doctor and leave the gay boys alone. Or get some gaydar, and perhaps leave the date chase to off hours? I just want to do a job when I'm at work.
- Jul 5, '11 by workingharderGeez, I feel lucky if I can get a stray dog to pay attention to me.
- Jul 5, '11 by Karl FarmerAw, come on- it can't be THAT bad? Anyway- my point is work is for work. Nurses are always claiming 'professionalism', etc. It's not the place for cruising.
- Jul 5, '11 by Karl FarmerAnd besides, we all know the results of a relationship at work gone bad. One or the other will end up not having a job.
- Jul 5, '11 by MaleNurse1987Out of a class of a senior class of 30 traditional students and 31 accelerated track students 4 men and all of them in the accelerated track.