Roll Call - Page 19Register Today!
- Sep 26, '07 by melsman1904Hi, I'm Jacob. I'm a 1st semester ADN student here in Alabama. So far, this forum has been amazing. Lots of great info here!
- Sep 26, '07 by wayunderpaidA male nurse from Rochester, NY. I have been doing gen med-surg and oncology
- Oct 3, '07 by socalpca33-year old guy, married 7.5 years, daughter 10 months, graduated nursing school June 2006, passed boards June 2007, currently working in Medical-Oncology.
- Oct 31, '07 by TheogiftHi, Theodore here, 43 y/o just received my LPN II in Pueblo and started the ADN program last month.
- Nov 19, '07 by nghtfltguyimma male nurse/med student and damn proud of it!!!
- Nov 28, '07 by Bill E. RubinKarl here, age 45 (soon to be 46!) and almost finished with my third semester of an accelerated BSN program at Curry College which is near Boston. I graduate, God willing, in May of 2008. First degree a BS in Agricultural Engineering, and worked 20 years as a software engineer. I still do software consulting to try to help minimize the burgeoning debt that being a full-time student while having life expenses and responsibilities causes. In addition, I work as a PCA (Patient Care Associate -- otherwise known as a nurse's aide) in a med-surg (mostly surgical) unit. I love my fellow nurses and PCA's. I'm the only male on the unit (save people who float there, MD's, PT's, OT's, etc). So far, the only drawback to that has been that there is sometimes an absence of large gloves in the rooms.
- Jan 8, '08 by gary62_1Hey fellow male nurses, I was looking for an "introduce yourself thread" but couldn't find one and thought this was a suitable place, if I'm wrong, my apologies.
My name is Chris, I'm an E.R. nurse and have been for over a year now. I graduated in 2007 and started immediately in the E.R. During nursing school I worked on a post surgical unit and the E.R. I did my preceptorship in surgical intensive care.
I'm an owner of another large nursing forum, but will not name such group as it irritates me when people advertise their group on my group as well. It's just disrespectful in my opinion.
I was in law enforcement for seven years before choosing nursing as I've come to find out is not uncommon.
Well, I'm glad to be part of such a nice group of guys! I'm glad to see there are many more male nurses in the world than I thought, we're a growing population.
I'm sure I'll get to meet each and everyone of you in the forums eventually. If I don't, feel free to contact me anytime for any questions.
Looking forward to chatting with you all,
RN, Emergency Services
- Jan 8, '08 by tferdaiseHowdy all....
46, been in the healthcare field now 10+ yrs, I'm currently an LPN and in the Univeristy of Phoenixs LPN to BSN program, goal is to sit at the head of the bed (CRNA.) Currently I'm working in a Med/Onc floor at a level one Hospital. I really do enjoy working with my coworkers, there are only 3 male nurses on the floor I'm one, 2 on days, 1 at night.
- Jan 15, '08 by DaBigDThank god for this forum...I was having to check my cup size daily after work d/t all the estrogen I am surrounded by!!!! I was almost up to a 52C!!!
- Jan 24, '08 by vballzQuote from TweetyI'm a nursing student, will (hopefully) graduate in 5 semesters, June 2009.Any male nurse's out there??????????