NYC MALE LPN GRAD 1st JOB HUNTING TIPS NEEDED
- 0Jan 14, '12 by alexnycdear friends,
i am a new lpn (male) grad and would like to ask you a fewquestions.
i have to get a job and 6 month of experience (med-surgpreferable) in order to get back to my school for rn program.
due to the reality of current job hunting situation in nyc:
- what would be a right place to search for a job?
- what kind of facility most likely would be interested in hiring me?
- what kind of salary should i expect?
thank you all for your time and effort!
- 0Jan 14, '12 by Aspaif someone is an RN and want to pursue BSN, is it advisable to chose the online option or should take the traditional option of going to a college. what are the disadvantages of on-line programs compared to regular college program. Do employers take such factors into account when hiring. I will appreciate your advice. thanx.
- 0Jan 15, '12 by alexnyc"if someone is an rn and want to pursue bsn, is it advisable to chose the online option or should take the traditional option of going to a college. what are the disadvantages of on-line programs compared to regular college program. do employers take such factors into account when hiring. i will appreciate your advice. thanx. "
i was told that there is no difference for the employers. it is important for them that you have a bsn, but they don’t really care how you got it. i guess if you will graduate from columbia or nyu you will get some better options but just because of the name. i think still the most important fact in your resume is your experience. so somebody who have better experience will get a priority.