Need recommendation for compression stockings for men
- 0Aug 11, '10 by jorhyneI am an RN floor nurse and I have a condition known as Chronic Venous Insufficiency. I am tired of the terribly sore legs and feet, and the edema around the ankles. I need a source for good graduated compression stockings for men. Please give me some websites, brand names, etc. I have searched this forum and the internet and I'm confused on what to buy. Thanks.
- 8,201 Visits
- 0Aug 12, '10 by HM2VikingRNReopened. One website that you could try is BSN-JOBST USA.
Another site is at http://www.foryourlegs.com/Activa-Me...FQ4Tswodnj5W6Q
I know that the VA uses Jobst stockings for our veterans with LE edema.
I encourage you to discuss your concerns with your provider to make sure that what you buy fits your unique medical needs.
- 0Sep 6, '11 by Jessie85Wearing compression stockings is beneficial to prevent or minimize leg swelling in the lower legs and ankle area and help improve over all leg health. As part of the medical team, we’ve learned that leg swelling caused by the buildup of fluids in leg tissues is known as peripheral edema. Several body systems help maintain the appropriate balance of fluids, including the circulatory system, the lymphatic system and the kidneys. A problem with any one of these systems may contribute to the buildup of fluids. Gravity can also contribute to the accumulation of fluids in your lower limbs, particularly with prolonged standing or sitting.
Having said that, I think it is best to consult with your doctor to determine the underlying cause of your leg swelling, and if the doctor recommends that you wear compression stockings, he can give you the right compression gradient that better benefit you.
Compression stockings are available in gradients raging from 15 to 40 mmHg. I buy my compression stockings from www.LegsTherapy.com – they carry the best brands of compression stockings at a very good price. You can easily find the right kind of compression stockings you need, and an online assistant is available to help you with any question you may have about brands, sizing, styles etc. That’s how I picked my compression garment.
They have compression garment available for both male and female. Good brands that I can recommend are Sigvaris, Jobst, Mediven and Juzo. Each brand carries a specific feature. I suggest you check www.LegsTherapy.com for details. Depending on your taste and comfort need, I am sure you will find everything you need from them.
- 0Oct 27, '11 by Arikohttp://www.supportplus.com/
They have knee high socks that look like athletic socks. They come in a variety of compression strengths. For work I use firm for work and moderate for everyplace else.
- 0Oct 29, '12 by Gregory2012Quote from jorhyneMost compression stockings and graduated support hosiery can be worn unisex you just have to figure out the sizing. You also may have to try some different styles and brands to find your best fit. You can find a lot of information on the topic here... www.compressionstockingssite.comI am an RN floor nurse and I have a condition known as Chronic Venous Insufficiency. I am tired of the terribly sore legs and feet, and the edema around the ankles. I need a source for good graduated compression stockings for men. Please give me some websites, brand names, etc. I have searched this forum and the internet and I'm confused on what to buy. Thanks.