Male pediatric nurse ?
- 0Aug 7, '07 by Ilubrizehey whats sup dudes ? i was wondering is there any Pediatric nurse I have a couple of question that i need help with..
1) whats the proper terminology for a pediatric nurse ?
2) if im in the Rn program when i graduate could i apply to be a pediatric nurse ?
thanks again :spin:
- 1Aug 7, '07 by JOLLIEHOLLYHello there. I am not a dude, but couldn't help clicking into the male nursing forum, as I saw "pediatric nurse." What kind of questions do you have? I graduated in May 2007, and just passed my nclex rn about a month ago. I went straight into peds, and I love it. On my floor there are three male RN's between days and nights together. Good to see a guy who appreciates the beauty and serenity of children, and the rewards of helping them get better.
- 1Aug 8, '07 by vamedic4Quote from IlubrizeYes, you can apply for a peds position straight out of school. Hospitals usually offer internships that are intense daily classes and clinical instruction on what's normal/abnormal for the pediatric population. The one at my facility is a full 24 weeks in length.yeah im enrolling in the 2 year RN program my question is if i graduate and get my ADN degree in nursing, can i apply to be a pediatric nurse or do i have to take extra classes?
Thx alot jolie
Best of luck