Male Nurses Rock
- 0Jan 28, '08 by Aviationursei think male nurses who marries another nurse make a wonderful marriage. i have noticed a lot of nurses are single moms and those who marry a fellow nurse have more solid marriage then nurses marrying other fields....i thinke nurses should marry male nurses and that all of their kids should take nursing....i think they should have a thread here for a dating service for female RNS looking for male RNS as a husband....they should count me first on the list...have a nice day..
just my 2 cents....
- 0Jan 28, '08 by nursemikeI don't know. In my younger days, I dated a nurse. She was a great girl, but when she got together with her nurse friends, the shop talk was pretty horrifying.
Haven't seen her in many years--I wonder what she would think if she saw me, now. (And yes, when I talk shop with my nurse buddies, it's pretty horrifying!)
- 0Jan 28, '08 by flightnurse2bim engaged to a male nurse.... and i really cant imagine being with someone who didnt love medicine as much as i do. i think it makes our relationship even better because he and i really understand what each other are talking about when we talk about work, and he is such a big help with me being in school, i always can count on him to help me with studying.
- 1Jan 29, '08 by styRNI met a girl in nurse's training and married her the year after grad.
We're both RNs celebrating our 20th year nursing class of '88 reunion this summer, followed by our 19th wedding aniversary in the fall.
Our middle child (daughter) is going off to university this fall for her BScN.
I can't imagine being married to someone other than a nurse who understands me without having to speak.
...and our kids can eat through the most horrific/gross/nasty dinner table conversations without batting an eye!
- 0Jan 30, '08 by Aviationursehappy valentines everyone and thanks for the response....i dated a male RN i met at work on 3 to 11 pm shift and we broke up after x one year together...that was x8 years ago and i wish i was not a dingbat for doing that bec i really missed him..anyway my boyfriend now is a chicago fire fighter but not as cool as the male rn i was dating...so i will advice all my co workers nurse friends to hang to their male RN boyfriend to dear life and not make a stupid mistake like i did...
- 0Feb 16, '08 by iamunafraidKUDOS
My wife and I met during our pre-req's for nursing school, dated the latter half of nursing school and married 6mos after we graduated.
It's been 3 yrs now...and being married to a nurse is the best of both worlds. No need to explain yourself about your good or bad day.
Career choices are also less stressful, since she is in the same boat.
I really can't say there are any negative aspects to my wife being a nurse, but the truth of the matter is... I married her for her... not because she happened to be a nurse.
- 0Feb 21, '08 by labrador4122I agree, my husband works in the ER as a social worker.... but it's not the same as if he was an RN and going thru the same things I am going thru as a new grad.
but hey, my 3 nights schedule and same pay as what he gests as a SW convinced him to get back to school to become an RN! lol