male nurses with beardsRegister Today!
- by nrsman1 Apr 14, '08I was just wondering what you all thought about male nurses with beards. I was wanting to grow a beard neatly trimmed of course, you know close to the face, not a grizzley adams beard. would the beard appear slouchy unprofessional or what? I just don't want to look like bum to my patients.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=296243©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 9,707 Views
- Apr 14, '08 by zenmanI vary the pattern of hair on my face often from clean shaven to full beard. Don't really care what people think as it looks good with my earring and tattoos, lol!
- Apr 14, '08 by RenaissancemaNIf you keep it clean looking(well groomed) there should be no problem... Go for it Dude!
- Apr 14, '08 by TazziRNSuggestion: wait until you have some time off to grow it. During the scraggly phase your employer would have every right toding you for looking poorly groomed. Hubs' store has this policy; if you want a beard you have to wait until your vacation to grow it.
- Apr 14, '08 by Nicky30Quote from TazziRNGood idea.Suggestion: wait until you have some time off to grow it. During the scraggly phase your employer would have every right toding you for looking poorly groomed. Hubs' store has this policy; if you want a beard you have to wait until your vacation to grow it.
There are a couple of guys where I work that have beards (one has it that long that he plaits it ). They are clean and respectable - truth be I never thought about it being unprofessional. Hubby has a beard too and he was a paramedic for 20 years. He used to wait until his holidays to grows it again if he decided to shave it off.
Go for it.
- Apr 15, '08 by Virgo_RNI have no problem with beards.
- Apr 15, '08 by MichaelFloridaRNI have no problem with my beard at work, I keep it neat and trim and have heard only positive comments so far. Since the hair on my head is falling out, its becoming the only alternative to being bald
- Apr 15, '08 by leslie :-Dit's the women w/beards, that i struggle with.
- Apr 15, '08 by BlueEyedRNBeards are smokin hot!
- Apr 15, '08 by hypocaffeinemiaI have a beard and 'stache. My hospital and my nursing school are fine with it so long as I continue to pass N95 fit tests.