Male nurse songRegister Today!
- by Scrubman Jun 21, '12
While I'm not an RN yet, I've been along side my mom as she's worked in nursing homes and the home health setting before she passed away at the young age of 39. I have recently started a cna job. As a male, people are often shocked when they find I'm pursuing the nursing field.
One day after my mother had passed away, I had been by to cut the grass of a 101 year old lady that she helped take care of. My grandmother who took over her care, needed to run to the store, asked me to feed her dinner while she left. The lady was going downhill pretty fast and hadn't been In her right mind or speaking for weeks. All of a sudden as I'm feeding her, she grabs my hand very tightly and opens her eyes wide, and says "you're mother would be really proud of you". These were the only she had spoken in over 6 days. from that day, I've knew my calling.
I believe this song explains my journey and hopefully some of you others can relate toLast edit by Blanca R on Jun 21, '12 : Reason: fixed video tag
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=746353©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 4,173 Views
- Jun 21, '12 by ScrubmanWoah, please excuse my poor grammar! It is too late for me to be posting!
- Jun 21, '12 by GitanoRNunquestionably, i thank you for sharing this heartfelt video, which makes me believe that you're on your way to a fruitful nursing career...as i wish you the very best in all of your future endeavors and send you a hug from across the miles....aloha~
- Jun 21, '12 by timmedicoPowerful!!!!!!! As a fellow guy, it is a bit different to enter a field that is majority female. I agree with the lady you took care of, your mother would be proud!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you do well in all of your undertakings!!!!!!!!!
- Jun 21, '12 by WhisperaThe song touched my heart deeply. Thank you...
- Jun 21, '12 by GitanoRNundoubtedly, i have listen to this powerful video several times now and i have taken the liberty to share it with my colleagues at work, which in turn they have share it with those who they care about. therefore, without you realizing it you have touched the cords of many hearts, with your gesture of sharing this magnificent heartfelt video...once again i wish you the best in life and long fruitful nursing career....aloha~
- Jun 21, '12 by Havin' A Party!Great post... inspiring... felt your calling!
Much success in school. Believe your mom will be truly proud.
Amazing tune... and what a professional production. Thanks for sharing.
- Jun 21, '12 by aknottedyarnScrubman, I am sorry for your loss. A mother taken way too early. All of us know how proud she would have been and for those of us who believe in an afterlife, I believe she is smiling.
You have a gift. That gift is one of the things that separates the art of nursing from the science.
Thank you for sharing.
- Jun 21, '12 by sapphire18I don't even like country music, and this literally brought tears to my eyes. So touching.
- Jun 21, '12 by merleeI enjoyed the video, but I am confused just a bit! Unless you are the singer, why is this the reason you are going into nursing?