Male nurse songRegister Today!
- by Scrubman Jun 21, '12
While I'm not an RN yet, I've been along side my mom as she's worked in nursing homes and the home health setting before she passed away at the young age of 39. I have recently started a cna job. As a male, people are often shocked when they find I'm pursuing the nursing field.
One day after my mother had passed away, I had been by to cut the grass of a 101 year old lady that she helped take care of. My grandmother who took over her care, needed to run to the store, asked me to feed her dinner while she left. The lady was going downhill pretty fast and hadn't been In her right mind or speaking for weeks. All of a sudden as I'm feeding her, she grabs my hand very tightly and opens her eyes wide, and says "you're mother would be really proud of you". These were the only she had spoken in over 6 days. from that day, I've knew my calling.
I believe this song explains my journey and hopefully some of you others can relate toLast edit by Blanca R on Jun 21, '12 : Reason: fixed video tag
- Jun 21, '12 by WhisperaThe song touched my heart deeply. Thank you...
- Jun 21, '12 by GitanoRNundoubtedly, i have listen to this powerful video several times now and i have taken the liberty to share it with my colleagues at work, which in turn they have share it with those who they care about. therefore, without you realizing it you have touched the cords of many hearts, with your gesture of sharing this magnificent heartfelt video...once again i wish you the best in life and long fruitful nursing career....aloha~
- Jun 21, '12 by Havin' A Party!Great post... inspiring... felt your calling!
Much success in school. Believe your mom will be truly proud.
Amazing tune... and what a professional production. Thanks for sharing.
- Jun 21, '12 by aknottedyarnScrubman, I am sorry for your loss. A mother taken way too early. All of us know how proud she would have been and for those of us who believe in an afterlife, I believe she is smiling.
You have a gift. That gift is one of the things that separates the art of nursing from the science.
Thank you for sharing.
- Jun 21, '12 by merleeI enjoyed the video, but I am confused just a bit! Unless you are the singer, why is this the reason you are going into nursing?