Stuck in Med-Surg - Page 2Register Today!
- Apr 1 by lmccrn62You can grow if you want you need to take classes, get your ACLS, take a EKG course. It looks like you are interested in growing and help you get a position. No one is ever stuck unless you want to be.
- Apr 1 by lmccrn62A second thought to your original post is nurses are everyone! We are the nursing assistant, lab technician, social worker, case manager, physician right hand, house keeper, dietary aide. If for one minute that changes in any other areas your mistaken. As nurses we are everything to the patient.
- Apr 10 by hmnorwoodWell folks I am going to the cath lab! They offered me the position and I accepted. I better hang on to my hat because its gonna be a whirlwind!
- Apr 11 by cjcsoon2brnQuote from hmnorwoodCongrats! Best of luck in your new adventure. Are you still working at the same facility or will it be at a new hospital?Well folks I am going to the cath lab! They offered me the position and I accepted. I better hang on to my hat because its gonna be a whirlwind!
- Apr 11 by itsnoworneverI am in L&D completely unhappy, miserable, can't stand it. I took ACLS, PALS, EKG, ENPC, paid for and waiting for TNCC. Why? Because I know that's what they are looking for. I have a tentative offer. Waiting for HR to finish and get a written offer.
Posting from my phone, ease forgive my fat thumbs!
- Apr 13 by hmnorwoodChris,
I will be moving across the parking lot. Its the same network but we dont have a cath lab in my hospital bc we have the heart hospital next door. Its got the lab, cardiac ER, daybeds, SICU, MICU and 2 floors of PCU. our network has 4 major acute care hospitals, north, east, south and heart.
I am so excited, I feel so lucky. I have ordered the cardiac cath handbook and am studying the meds and CV a&p.