SHOES... glorious shoes - Page 2Register Today!
- Jul 25, '12 by ElladoraI probably go against the norm but I like fairly flat shoes. I'm currently wearing a pair by the brand "Scrubs". They are SUPER lightweight and they are one of the few pairs of shoes that don't make my feet hurt. I have Danskos but I just couldn't get the feel for them.
- Jul 26, '12 by sweetgeorgiaI actually wear closed toed crocs and they were a pretty penny but they are cleanable and very comfortable and last a while. I've experimented with name brand running shoes as well and those were good but not sanitary. Be sure to get something that you wear for nursing and ONLY nursing work. Hope this helps!
- Jul 26, '12 by hlj123Hey, FYI... If you go to "shoebuy private events" and sign up, they are having a BIG sale on KLOGS brand shoes. I just ordered a pair of Klogs Genoa clogs for school for $35! They are anywhere from 60-100$ on most sites, including the regular shoebuy site where they are 93$. The sale ends tomorrow. I will let you know how they feel when I get them. If they aren't great, I am going to break down and buy white Spiras.
- Jul 26, '12 by tokmomCan't wear Dansko. Too wide. I tried Sanita which look a lot like Dansko's. I don't like them. They are clunky and just not comfortable. My feet hurt after 12 hrs on the floor.
I switched to Timberland clogs and I love them. I have had a pr now for 2 yrs and they still feel good on my feet.
- Jul 29, '12 by FLmedAwesome suggestions. Thanks to all who took the time to respond! Since many of you said Danskos were good, I am going to go ahead and give them a shot. :-) I do plan on trying some different brands that were also suggested in this thread. Also, just an FYI, I spoke to a Dansko sales rep, and this person told me that Sanita and Dansko used to be the same company. They branched off, but it is essentially the same product. The difference between the 2 shoes is that the Sanitas are not as wide. :-) I thought that was interesting and wanted to share.
- Jul 30, '12 by Ruby VeeQuote from karinflatry danskooutlet.com. it's a significant price difference, and the flaws are usually too minute to see. if you live anywhere near their outlet, it's worth a ride there so you can try on the shoes. danskos are handmade, so there are minute differences in how they fit. one shoe might fit just perfect and the other will be too loose or too tight. at the outlet, you can buy the right shoe from this pair and the left from that as long as they're the same size. good luck!awesome suggestions. thanks to all who took the time to respond! since many of you said danskos were good, i am going to go ahead and give them a shot. :-) i do plan on trying some different brands that were also suggested in this thread. also, just an fyi, i spoke to a dansko sales rep, and this person told me that sanita and dansko used to be the same company. they branched off, but it is essentially the same product. the difference between the 2 shoes is that the sanitas are not as wide. :-) i thought that was interesting and wanted to share.
- Aug 23, '12 by LeggyNurseI use Nike Fusion ST. They're very comfy but have mesh over the toe area. I use a slip resistant cover over my shoes that covers that up.