New nurse needs help with shift report sheetsRegister Today!
- by andiilynn Aug 19, '12Hello! I am a new RN and I am currently working on a Medical/Telemetry unit. I have tried using Google to help with some ideas for report sheets and so far haven't found any that I really liked. Does anyone have any ideas that I can use? I tend to write big and I love organization! Any help would be really appreciated
- 14,856 Views
- Aug 19, '12 by LeggyNurseType up your own. Use the same basic layout of the one you use at your facility and add more space to write, add a space for comments, or any additional spaces you feel that you would need. I have done this since nursing school since we used the same report sheet as the actual nurses then. Still works for me.
- Aug 19, '12 by clinicalnurseQuote from andiilynnHello! I am a new RN and I am currently working on a Medical/Telemetry unit. I have tried using Google to help with some ideas for report sheets and so far haven't found any that I really liked. Does anyone have any ideas that I can use? I tend to write big and I love organization! Any help would be really appreciated
Have u tried using SBAR format? It really works well!!!
- Aug 19, '12 by nurse_starlightThe SBAR sheet is a good one to use. Also, taking a blank sheet of paper and sectioning it is good too.
- Aug 19, '12 by cclear2020Make your own using a 12 box lined paper to represent each hour, on the top add your start of shift vitals or any other findings you can give in verbal report at change of shift. the big boxes over time will contain just the essentials, and then you can come up with mini-me versions. Start Big
- Aug 19, '12 by nurseshellbell1I work on a med/surg/tele and I made my own. I can email you a copy if you like. I precepted new nurses and most seem to find it helpful.
- Aug 19, '12 by Orange RNI've made multiple 'report'/'shift' sheets. All of them were custom. You can probably find a bunch of templates, but your best bet is going to be making one yourself.
- Aug 20, '12 by octave715Here are the sheets I use. They are very detailed and organized...I hope they help! Good luck!
Last edit by octave715 on Aug 20, '12 : Reason: More info
- Aug 20, '12 by octave715