ANCC Medical-Surgical certification after April test outline changeRegister Today!
- by amazingme Jun 14, '12Has anyone taken the ANCC Medical-Surgical certification exam since the test outline changed in April 2012?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=742334©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,490 Views
- Jun 16, '12 by tokmomI heard there was going to be some sort to change, but never could figure out what. I have a friend taking it in a months time and I'm anxious to hear what she says.
- Jun 17, '12 by lotus32Quote from amazingmeI just took it May 23, there were a ton of questions about evidenced base practice, HIPPA, nursing research. I was expecting more clinical questions, but those were few and far between. BTW I passed.Has anyone taken the ANCC Medical-Surgical certification exam since the test outline changed in April 2012?
- Jun 17, '12 by tokmomJust curious on what kind of EBP questions and HIPAA ones they had. The AMSN had a ton more clinical and few of the others you mentioned. Mine did anyway.
- Jun 19, '12 by amazingmeCongrats lotus32 on passing your exam. Were the questions similar to the practice questions on the ANCC website. Also what book did you use to study? I am thinking about using the new Lippincott medical-surgical review book, but the evidence based practice section is only a few pages. Again, congrats on your accomplishment.
- Jun 19, '12 by amazingmetokmom if you don't mind; let me know how your friend does.
- Jun 20, '12 by tokmomWill do!