- by nursepilotdyna Feb 4I have gotten some conflicting infomation on when to sign this section. Some say sign when you have completed your care planning decision and written the care plan. Some say sign after the care conference to ensure residents/families have say in the process. Either seems to be just an interpretation of the regulation. Which way is every one doing it? Thanks!
- Feb 5 by andy3kMDS 3.0 RAI Manual, page V-6:
The date on which a staff member completes the Care Planning Decision column (V0200A, Column B), which is done after the care plan is completed.
Hope that helps.
- Feb 9 by MDSExpertIt is very easy to quote the manual and say, "When the care plan is completed", however, people still question "at what point is the care planning completed"? Typically,the care plan is completed with the CAA's. The ARD might be say...February 2, the date that your facility wants the MDS completed might be February 7...the Care Plan meeting might be February 11. However, if you complete the Care Plan on February 7 when you completed the MDS, then the Care Plan is completed and it can be signed. If you waited until February 8 to complete the Care Plan because you needed to leave for the day and finish the next day, then it is simply signed off for February 8. The Care Plan MUST be completed by day 21 on a new admission. That is really the only rule. So if the resident was admitted on February 2 and you didn't sign V200C2 until Febuary 25, then you are out of compliance. I hope this helps.
- Feb 11 by andy3kQuote from MDSExpertFor clarification, The care plan must be completed no later than 7 days after the CAA Process completion date at V0200B2. The MDS completion date at Z0500B and the CAA Process completion date at V0200B2 must meet the MDS requirements for that type of assessment.... The Care Plan MUST be completed by day 21 on a new admission. That is really the only rule. So if the resident was admitted on February 2 and you didn't sign V200C2 until Febuary 25, then you are out of compliance. I hope this helps.
The only time a care plan can be completed on day 21 of a new admission is if the MDS is completed (Z0500B and V200B2 signed) on day 14. There is no 21 day rule that applies only to Admission assessments. If the admission is completed and on day 10 then the Care Plan must be completed by, and V200C2 signed by, day 17, no later than 7 days after MDS completion.
- Feb 27 by vlmcSo now I am confused. You sign V0200B when the CAAs are completed and V0200C when the care plans are completed ....right?
- Feb 27 by andy3kCorrect.