Rookie mistake, Help!!!Register Today!
- by VBRNJD99 Sep 28, '12I locked and submitted an MDS yesterday on a resident who was on therapy caseload. New CVA , 30 day assessment. RNAC director and rehab director played w ARD date a few times. Resident unable to participate several days. Ended up with an RMB. it triggered a thought in my brain that something was wrong, but I figured since the rehab director and RNAC director set that date, the res was having issues, COT set for next check date for RV, we were fine. I was wrong. Got in big trouble by both and administrator. Now I know to DOUBLE check w someone before lock and submission. Any way to redeem myself??? I feel horrible!!!!!
- 1,255 Views
- Sep 29, '12 by Talino
- What was the RUG score when you submitted it?
- "played w/ ARD a few times" - Were they still within the acceptable ARD window (incldg. grace days) when they did that?
- Who signed Z0500?
- You have up to 14 days to submit PPS assessments from completion.
- Include whoever signs Z0500 in checking the RUG score.
- Have the therapist alert the RNAC immediately of any issues with the preset ARD; a calendar of projected ARDs of PPS assm'ts for residents should make therapists more scrupulous in delivering treatments.
- Sep 29, '12 by VBRNJD99It was an RM when I submitted it. If we kept original ARD of the next day, would have had 5 tx days to get RV. we were still in grace period and had plenty of time to submit. But, I had to have all of my assessments with ARDs before Friday submitted before 3 on Friday for end of month billing by corporate to lower unassigned days.
I go to PPS mtg every morning and should have caught the error. But I am new and had unlimited trust in the rehab manager. Now I know if something seems wrong, triple check it.
I'm the one who signed, locked and submitted, so it's my head on the chopping block. But, I feel horrible, like I let everyone down, and I'm an MDS failure. The amount of money I lost is killing me.
Is there a solution? I have learned and will never do it again. The RNAC director and consultant are working on it, but I need clarification for myself in the meantime.
- Sep 29, '12 by TalinoQuote from VBRNJD99Once the assessment is accepted, you cannot submit a correction to modify the ARD. You can only inactivate. If today's date is still within the ARD window of the PPS assm't and will allow you to capture RV, you may go ahead and proceed. If not, an inactivation will just result in a slew of financial loss.Is there a solution? I have learned and will never do it again. The RNAC director and consultant are working on it, but I need clarification for myself in the meantime.
See p8 Clarification regarding inactivating assessments