MDS care plan meetingsRegister Today!
- by jenrain Jul 4, '12Hoping someone can tell me if there is a requirement as to when a care conference has to be scheduled. I understand when the care plans need to be complete. Do you have to have your care conference by 14 days after ARD or just have the care plans done and have the care conference the next week?
- Jul 5, '12 by TalinoCare conference among the IDCP team or w/ resident or family?
- Jul 5, '12 by jenrainQuote from jenrainI am asking about the conference with family.Hoping someone can tell me if there is a requirement as to when a care conference has to be scheduled. I understand when the care plans need to be complete. Do you have to have your care conference by 14 days after ARD or just have the care plans done and have the care conference the next week?
- Jul 5, '12 by jenrainthe conference with family/resident
- Jul 5, '12 by Talinothere is no specified timeframe.
the mechanics of how the interdisciplinary team meets its responsibilities in developing an interdisciplinary care plan (e.g., a face-to-face meeting, teleconference, written communication) is at the discretion of the facility.the facility has a responsibility to assist residents to participate, e.g., helping residents, and families, legal surrogates or representatives understand the assessment and care planning process; when feasible, holding care planning meetings at the time of day when a resident is functioning best; planning enough time for information exchange and decision making; encouraging a resident’s advocate to attend (e.g. family member, friend) if desired by a resident.
the facility should encourage residents, legal surrogates and representatives to participate in care planning, including attending care planning conferences if they so desire.
the surveyor would be looking into...
2. in what ways do staff involve residents and families, surrogates, and/or representatives in care planning?
3. do staff make an effort to schedule care plan meetings at the best time of the day for residents and their families?
- Jul 6, '12 by jenrainThat is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much!!
- Mar 21 by DavidKarlThere is no 'care plan meeting' requirement. The requirement is that the patient/and or family must be able to 'be involved in the care plan process'. No meeting, again, is required. Why does everyone go through this ordeal, that, even most family members despise? I don't have the answer.