M D S 3.0 Draft
- 0Sep 29, '06 by Talino
- 0Sep 29, '06 by Nascar nurse, ASN, RN1. Been hearing about a 3.0 version for at least a couple years and it's always "coming within next 6-12 months" Jeesh, bring it on or move on!!
2. This update is interesting. Many sections (meds, physician visits/orders, therapy minutes) all speak of occurring within the past 5 days as opposed to the current method of 7 days? Wonder how that is all gonna play out. Probably just confuse the he$$ out of me for months!
3. Just not going to worry about it. I've got to many gray hairs now
Thanks for the info tho
- 0Oct 1, '06 by CapeCodMermaid, RNYikes!
I just read the whole 3.0 draft...what is with these people? I wonder if I will be allowed to hire another MDS nurse now to get this done. How do all y'all work it?
I have 2 MDS nurses..one does the PPS MDSs and her census runs between 10 and 15. The other nurse does the Managed Care AND the long term care residents...her census is about 100. (Please don't tell me the work load is unfair...I know!)
To top if off, the long term MDS nurse has been doing all the quarterly assessments as well because "if she doesn't do them they won't get done." I had a meeting with my nurse managers and told them that things were going to change and I expect them to be doing the assessments from now on. That was only last week so it's too soon to tell how everything will work out. I've only been the DNS for 2 weeks and don't want to change everything at once.
What ever happened to the talked-about new SHORTER MDS for short term residents???
- 0Nov 30, '07 by Rexie68I just can't figure out how 3.0 is going to calculate new CMI's. So much is different. I mean, skilled people could have the same RUGs, but what about our Medicaid people....all those things that count toward reimbursement....we'll have to learn a whole new set of rules. Eh, well....worry about it when/if it happens.....
As usual, just when we figure out how to do something, they change the rules....:spin:
- 0Dec 14, '07 by cadburypamlpnbecky123-I don't think they know what the new RAPs are going to look like. It seems that they are still working out the "bugs" with the whole system. From what I gather they are going to be the same as the present ones with the addition of pain, advanced directives, and one other I can't seem to recall at the moment. I know that CMS has been saying since at least 2001 that 3.0 is "coming soon". So, 2009-2010 doesn't seem likely. I won't hold my breath.