UMASS GEP application 2012 - Page 4Register Today!
- Mar 26, '12 by firstname.lastname@example.org - I just got a call about the hybrid program. I am so beyond confused because they never contacted me for an interview. I was told it could be in nursing admin or in neonatal, and that you could reapply to the msn portion after the bsn was complete if you wanted to do something else. I'm so confused about all of this, and mostly kind of mad for you because clearly you were worthy of an interview, why not be contacted about the hybrid program? It smells a little fishy to me.
- Mar 26, '12 by hale.baleHah, it does smell a little fishy! Maybe it's because I designated that I wanted to follow the Family NP track, which the hybrid doesn't offer. When you applied, did you specify a specialty? I don't think the application required you to, so maybe they are contacting qualified applicants who are still deciding on which specialty to pursue? Either that or I simply scared them away! I was feeling super bummed all weekend, but I just received an acceptance letter to Simmons, so I really can't complain at this point! Seeing as I was waitlisted at MGH and I need to send my deposit to Simmons by April 16th, (also haven't heard anything from UMASS) I will most likely be attending Simmons starting this May. It just feels so good to be wanted somewhere! =P
- Mar 26, '12 by gglove317SO excited for you, hale.bale! Congrats on Simmons! This is what I mean by UMass missing out on great candidates because people need to put deposits in SOMEWHERE, or they could totally miss a shot if UMass doesn't come through! I didn't put a specialty down but they knew from the open house that I wanted to do pediatrics. My official NEU letter is dated March 8th but I only was emailed it today, and they want an answer by April 2. That's 1 week to decide! I'm going to ask if I can get an extension.
I need to decide about Jefferson by April 13th, but I think I'm leaning in that direction just because like you said with Simmons, I really felt wanted and welcomed by them. Basically I should be really happy that I have these options, but it's freaking me out and I'm borderline hyperventilating about this decision. GAH!
- Mar 28, '12 by hale.baleWell, both are great schools, so good luck with the decision!! I'm sure you'll make the right one!
- Apr 5, '12 by lovepink01I got in!!!
- Apr 6, '12 by gglove317Congrats lovepink! Did you have an interview? I haven't heard many people even getting interviews yet!
- Apr 6, '12 by lovepink01Thank you. Yes, I had an interview last week. They interview selected applicants then make a decision. So everyone who is accepted got an interview but I guess not everyone who is interviewed gets accepted.
- Apr 6, '12 by heramay22lovepink,
when you interviewed did they tell you you would hear this week or next? I had an interview last week but they said that they only meet twice a week so I wouldn't hear a decision until a week from thursday so I am a little confused.
also what track did you get into?
and of course congrats by the way!
- Apr 7, '12 by lovepink01They told me I would hear by Thursday the 5th or Thursday the 12th. As she wasn't sure which Thursday the committee met. I heard on Thursday the 5th. So I am assuming they met on the 5th of April and then she called me after. I am doing Adult/Gero. Thank you!!
- Apr 7, '12 by hale.baleCongrats to all who have heard of their acceptance! My question is, has anyone heard of being waitlisted or rejected? I sent 2 emails and called and it seems I'm being ignored. I have to send in my deposit to Simmons by April 16th, and while I'm happy to go there, it's WAY more money. I'm assuming I was rejected, but at this point it would just be nice to know! =P