Umass Boston traditional BSN spring2013? - Page 5Register Today!
- Feb 18 by Uyen DoI am doing my pre-requisites to nursing. Can you guys tell me the GPA to be considered as "in the pool". I will very appreciate your help.
- Feb 18 by Uyen DoDo I need to have a associate degree in order to be accepted easily? Cuz I just want to finish the pre-requisites and transfer as soon as possible.
- Feb 18 by mjo07You don't need an associates degree, but I think if you have a previous bachelor's you can do an accelerated bsn. I believe the minimum gpa is 3.0 and you don't need any pre-requisites to apply. You should really look on their website for exact info. Also you will need to take the TEAS test, which is new starting this application peroid for Fall 2013 and on.
- Feb 18 by mjo07Quote from Uyen DoIf you want to transfer fast maybe you should apply as soon as possible. No pre-reqs are needed to apply to UMass BostonDo I need to have a associate degree in order to be accepted easily? Cuz I just want to finish the pre-requisites and transfer as soon as possible.
- Feb 19 by Uyen DoThanks for your advice mjo07! I really appreciate!
I am a new international student, so it is better if I just take some biology, chemistry, math courses first. Everything here is so unfamiliar to me . I am doing General Biology course at Bunker Hill. Plus, I have to figure out how to spend the university tuition when I transfer.
If you guys have any recommend about GPA, TEAS test, volunteer experience...., please share cause I will really appreciate that!
- Feb 19 by Uyen DoAs I know, the GPA is much higher than 3.0 in order to get into "the pool" of students. Then, if anyone has been told to be "in the pool", can you help me with this?
- Feb 20 by mjo07I went on a campus tour a few months ago and a counselor told me that the average gpa for students accepted last Fall semester was 3.4-3.7, I think. You should definitely call or make an appointment to speak with someone. And make sure you write down all the questions you want to ask.
Also on the website they ask for a minimum of Proficiency on the TEAS. Since this is the first time they use it as a requirement there is no way to know the average score of accepted students.
And volunteering always helps, if you can do it, especially in the health care setting.
- Feb 21 by Uyen Do@mjo07: I will take your advice! Thank you vey much!
- Feb 22 by snackpackQuote from mjo07I have gotten nothing as of yet.... so nervous...me too! I called and they said they already mailed out my decision letter have you heard back?
- Feb 22 by snackpackWhen did you send in your applicatoin as I sent mine around 12/20/12