Quincy College/pt ASN program/Jan 2012Register Today!
- by kelleyac Aug 31, '11Anyone else on here applied to the QC pt program starting in January?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=611587©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 3,878 Views
- Aug 31, '11 by tnbutterflyMoved to MA Nursing Programs Discussion forum.
- Hi! Finally I found another person. I applied as well, but am just so frustrated that they extended the application deadline. I have not heard anything thus far by mail yet, have you?
- Yay! I was hoping there were some other people on here! I have to say that I am glad that they extended the deadline because I didn't apply until after the original one! I was dragging my feet on what I wanted to do, but I finally just did it!
I haven't heard anything yet. When I applied, the girl who took my application said "mid-fall" and then the letter that I got confirming my application said "4-6 weeks after the deadline", which would be the first week in October. I am really anxious to find out! How did your Accuplacer go? Have you taken classes at QC before?Last edit by kelleyac on Sep 1, '11
- I have taken prereqs for other nursing programs at Quincy College and have been very happy. All the girls who were taking classes with me who were in the RN program at Quincy were more than satisfied with the program. My accuplacer went okay (I guess) What concerns me is that I scored the lowest in the reading section (102) and in the sentence and math I scored (113). So-- hopefully that 102 score is good enough. I personally thought the reading section of the exam was extremely hard for a community college exam. I already have a Bachelor's degree, and some of those passages towards the end of the exam took me forever to answer.
- I took A&P 1 and 2 as well as Chem at QC a while back. From everything I have heard, it is a quality program. 100% of the graduating class last year passed the NCLEX, so that is encouraging.
I did pretty well but I have to say I was a little embarrassed by my math score (99). Apparently I need to go back and review my grade school math. I guess I'm too dependant on a calculator! Hopefully my reading and sentence scores make up for it (113 and 120). Considering the passing score is a 75 (I think) and the max is 120, I would think anything in the 100s would be good enough. But who knows. I wonder how many spots they have vs how many applications submitted?
I also have a Bachelor's and my plan is to go on to a RN-BSN program after this. (Assuming I get in!) Did you consider any of the accelerated programs in the area? I would have loved to, but I have to work full time while I do this, so it isn't really an option right now.
- If I am accepted and decide to attend, my plan is your plan! I know that a bunch of colleges offer online RN-BSN including UMASS etc. so that would definitely be my option. I know that those programs are very easy to get into once having the RN. I have applied to MASS College of Pharmacy to their ACCEL 16 month program and will be hearing in about a week. Fingers crossed that I get in somewhere! as this process has been a bumpy ride for me. I got waitlisted at Regis, and found out that the program is full this year, and that they would re-review my application for next years program- but I do not want to wait until next fall to start! I completed my chemistry at Regis, and at Quincy I completed A&P 1 and 2, microbiology, ethics- and I took human growth and development at Roxbury CC (they offered it at a time that was good for me). I called Quincy College a couple of days ago to see when they were going to send out the decision letters, and this was the voicemail left on my phone "The acceptance letters will be going out in about 2 weeks, so look for it then... look forward to 'seeing' you".
I thought that was a promising message, but am trying not to get my hopes up. You have a higher reading score than I, so I don't think you should be worried, since that is what they rank your application on 1st.
I am just praying I get in somewhere, I am married and want kids as soon as possible lol but will not do so unless I have a stable career.
- Well 2 weeks would be nice! Keep me posted if you get your letter. Good luck with the ACCEL program, I hope you get in! Does that start in January as well? I am really jealous as I would love to finish the BSN in 16 months. I live in Boston, and it seems like hospitals in the city don't even consider you without a BSN. I hear you, I am getting married next Setptember and kids are absolutely on my mind in the next few years (sooner rather than later, haha) so that is definitely an issue for me as well.
- I will let you know either way with both programs. It does start in Jan 2012, but it is in Worcester :0( The hospitals in Boston do not hire ADN's.. I worked at MGH before quiting to go back and complete my pre-reqs so I know first hand-Definitely a bummer oh well. Hopefully it will be good news for both of us at Quincy and we can be classmates.
- Sep 11, '11 by TaylorBeanI got waitlisted at MCPHS :0( hopefully I will get accepted to Quincy. Have you gotten a letter yet? I have not.