Northeastern Direct-Entry NP - Page 21Register Today!
- Apr 1, '12 by gglove317heramay22- I spoke with admissions and have some answers for you. I'm not sure about the Masters portion, but all of your undergraduate classes are online for the 16 months. I would think that many of the Masters classes, if not all, are also online because they limit the options to Nursing Admin or Neonatal NP. If you are interested in another specialty, you have to work as an RN for at least 6 months and then reapply to the graduate school in the specialty you would like, but you must remember you're competing against matriculated traditional NEU DE students as well as other RNs looking to go to graduate school with much more experience under their belts.
As far as the deposit, you need to send in the $600 regardless of whether you want to do the May start or September start. I'm not sure you can defer longer than that.
I was told that we would be under lots of supervision from the regular program in Boston because they want to be sure this program works well and NEU doesn't lose the reputation they have built for a superior program. What it basically comes down to is whether you think you'll succeed in an online class environment as opposed to a traditional classroom environment. That is the decision I am currently trying to make for myself. Good luck to you!
- Apr 2, '12 by mellzie22I was accepted into the hybrid program, I received my letter the day I called, and the program never called me back. That was on Friday afternoon, and the deposit was due today (Monday). Yeah, not gonna happen. I really don't know how I feel about this hybrid program. I'll keep my spot at MGH.
- Apr 4, '12 by seltsiHi everyone,
Just wanted to say I declined NE this morning. It was a really hard decision, because it's such a great school and so selective, but I had to consider finances and family. I didn't think I would actually get in to have to make this decision in the first place, lol.
For whoever is replacing me, have a great time for both of us!!
Good luck to all!
- Apr 4, '12 by gglove317I am also declining the hybrid program and going to a different traditional program instead. Best of luck to all of you!
- Apr 18, '12 by Ally1451I just got accepted off of the waitlist tonight
- Apr 19, '12 by tgerlCongrats! How were you notified? Email?
- Apr 19, '12 by Ally1451No by phone
- Apr 19, '12 by Sawyer5044For the people that were expected to the hybrid program... How soon after you submitted your application did you hear back?
- Apr 19, '12 by jrwinneyQuote from Sawyer5044Admissions told me that it shouldn't take longer than 5-6 weeks.For the people that were expected to the hybrid program... How soon after you submitted your application did you hear back?
- Apr 22, '12 by Ally1451To everyone attending the traditional program in the fall, has there been an open house/accepted students day yet? Or have you heard if there will be?