Mass Bay Fall 2011 - Page 5Register Today!
- Jun 8, '11 by mastudentThanks IrishMommy. I have a Health Assessment Skills Lab Mon or Wed 8-11, but also these "Open Lab for Testing" times, 4 hrs on a Friday and 5 hrs on a Monday. Just wasn't sure what these were. Maybe it's during this time that we're tested on skills learned in the teaching lab. I'm trying to get an answer from the college but haven't heard back yet. Thanks for your help, I appreciate it.
- Jun 14, '11 by MashkinMHey guys,
I hope all is well. Quick question did anyone hear when our books will be available for purchase?
- Jun 14, '11 by mastudentI think they said at the Study Skills session in late Aug - but I might be wrong!
- Jun 14, '11 by MashkinMThank you mastudent... I haven't gotten any info on study skills session yet, but I hope we can get our books soon so I can get a jump start on reading...
- Jun 16, '11 by mastudentMe neither, I think they said the last week of August, but haven't heard for sure yet.
- Jun 18, '11 by hypercaffeinatedHey all,
I am starting at Massbay ADN day program this Sept. However, I have no idea when we are going to know our schedules, and I have sent a couple emails to some of the administration about important questions I have had, and have gotten no replies! One of the things I need to know is about that darn nutrition class. I am one of the people who was advised to take nutrition beforehand, so I took the 3 credit class. Then the faculty at the orientation said that the 3 credit class doesn't count, only the 2 credit class, and that we would have to take the 2 credit one over the summer. There were a bunch of us who had already taken the 3 credit class, though, so the dean said she would consider giving us credit. She sent me an email saying she would make a descision by the 15th. I wonder if anyone is in the same situation as me? I send out emails and cross my fingers that someone replies! I have a feeling I am going to drive them nuts over the next two years!
- Jun 18, '11 by milksteakSCHEDULES aren't known til thr dirt week..think lecture is Monday tand wed..then lab one day after lecture or on tues/Thursday..and clinical on either tues these or Fri depending on ur schedule.
- Jun 18, '11 by MashkinMAll this info is making me more confused... Question for those of you who are in evening program the classes that we registered for fall pharmacology and found. Nursing what days is it on? I thought it Tuesday and Wednesday only...
- Jun 20, '11 by homewithtaliI am evening nursing in Sept and Tuesday and Wed nights is what I understood too. I will be taking Lifespan psych on mondays too.
- Jun 20, '11 by fscjessQuote from lizbee227I was in the same boat. I even had a degree from MassBay in Computer Science, 3.96 GPA, tutored, worked in their lab, and won their program award. And I was rejected. BUT...I got into Curry's ACCEL progam and although I will be spending oodles more money, I will graduate with my Bachelors Degree after only 16 months of school. I am now glad that MassBay has a messed up admissions system! Ha! Their loss!I agree pristock. My friend who got accepted got her letter on April 1st. I would rather have my letter and just officially receive my answer so that my life isn't being played with or put on hold for anyone. I was shocked to learn that many intelligent students in some of my other classes were also rejected from the program. And when I say intelligent, I mean they might as well have become doctors, PAs or NPs... I'm sorry to have to be this blunt (and I really don't mean to offend anyone or hurt their feelings), but at this point to anyone who hasn't received a letter yet, just either assume you've been rejected or waitlisted.
As for me, I guess I'll be looking into Accelerated BSN programs and see who will take me then... (I would laugh if MassBay tried to contact me after all of this)