Curry Accel BSN- April 1st deadlineRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Curry Accel BSN- April 1st deadline in Massachusetts State Nursing Programs, part of Massachusetts Nursing ... Hello!! I am looking heavily into applying for Curry's accel program. Is there anyone out there...by weluv3 Jan 15, '12Hello!! I am looking heavily into applying for Curry's accel program. Is there anyone out there that has attended the program or is applying this year for the April 1st deadline?
Thanks, I am out of state so can't attend an info session.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=662595©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 7,447 Views
- Jan 18, '12 by CNG12i will be applying this year for the april 1st deadline and will be attending the feb. 7th info session. if you would like you can give me your e-mail and i can scan and send you any information given to me on that day.
- Jan 20, '12 by weluv3CNG12,
Are there any nice family oriented towns near the campus? I looked at Milton homes, and they are a bit pricey for what you get. Actually I'm looking for rental homes if I were to apply and be accepted as I'd be relocating there from CA.
Any info on the area in general?
- Jan 21, '12 by CNG12hmmmm... milton is def. a pricey city to live in. so curry is on the border of milton and dorchester. milton is a really nice area, and so is curry's campus.
if you have a car, i would suggest looking at: quincy, braintree, randoph, dedham which are some of the cities near milton. there is also public transportation in some of these cities as well
hope this helps
- Jan 31, '12 by Mapie22I am applying this year as well. I applied last year but didn't get in. Hopefully 2012 will be a better year than 2011!
I live in Stoughton, which is only about 10 minutes from Milton. Both Stoughton and Canton (town between Stoughton and Canton) are family-oriented, and both have commuter rail stations, as well as easy access to highways. Canton is probably pricier than Stoughton, but both should be more affordable than Milton. I would definitely consider looking at these towns. (I grew up in Stoughton and I'm now raising my own family in Stoughton, so I'm probably a little biased. But I do think it's a great town, as is Canton.)
- Feb 2, '12 by Mapie22Quote from Mapie22That should have said "town between Stoughton and Milton." Sorry.Both Stoughton and Canton (town between Stoughton and Canton) are family-oriented
- Mar 5, '12 by weluv3Did they mention in the info session what average GPA's were? My undergrad cum was barely a 3.0 but I've done very well (all A's and B's) since getting my BA and my overall is about a 3.4...for last 30 semester units.
I just don't want to waste another set of transcripts.....ugh. I'm currently taking stats and chem and then I'm done.
- Mar 9, '12 by Mapie22Someone provided a very nice summary of their recent Information Session here: http://allnurses.com/ma-nursing-prog...ml#post6143934 GPAs are mentioned in this post.
- Mar 10, '12 by weluv3Thanks Mapie22....
- Mar 30, '12 by jennyp29Hi, I'm new to this site, and I just applied to Curry College Accel BSN for the January 2013 start. Has anyone else applied? What are your stats? I have a Bachelor's in journalism from University of Florida, graduated with a 3.23 undergrad GPA, I have all A's and one B+ (in stats) in the prereq classes that I have done, and I'm finishing up Anatomy II this semester and still have to take Microbiology. I have 4 years of work experience and have some healthcare volunteer experience (currently a patient care volunteer at a hospital). I think my essay was pretty good, I had some writer friends critique it. What do you think my chances are? I'm so anxious to hear back! Good luck to everyone who's applying!!!