Curry Accel BSN- April 1st deadline - Page 4Register Today!
- May 2, '12 by PennySAlso waitlisted and so disappointed. I am giving myself today to be sad and then I am picking myself up and looking forward. Curry was the first school I applied to. Now my focus is on a Summer 2013 start. I am applying to Simmons, MGH and UMass Boston. Hopefully, one of them will want me! Best of luck to everyone!
- May 2, '12 by Mapie22I'm sorry. I applied to Curry last year and was crushed when I did not get it.
Today is my birthday and I received the best present ever: an acceptance letter!
- May 2, '12 by Sha1723Congrats!! I was put on the waiting list as well. I know they say they look at the "whole picture" when considering applicants but I really think they look mostly at your undergrad GPA and prerequisite courses more than the other aspects of your application. What does anyone else think?
- May 2, '12 by PennySI am noticing that, so far, all of us waitlisted had at least one prereq not completed.
Mapie - Huge Congrats! May I ask what you think made the difference for you? I know that you had some prereqs to complete last year (I think). Did you change your personal statement at all? I definitely plan on reapplying next year and hope I fare the same as you!
- May 3, '12 by ekimballtHi everyone! I also got waitlisted to the ACCEL program. SO DISAPPOINTED! I am getting my CNA and working in a hospital/nursing home this year, so maybe I will have better luck next year.
- May 3, '12 by Mapie22When I applied last year, I only had two of the prerequisites completed. This year, I had them all completed with a 4.0. I did change my personal statement (I had to; I was told I needed to write a brand new one.) But the "spirit" of the statement was the same, since my reasons for wanting to be a nurse and for wanting to go to Curry were the same. I think my persistence was possibly a factor. The fact that I applied two years in a row does show a commitment to both nursing and to Curry.
- May 3, '12 by PennySI wonder how many they place on the waitlist? I am starting to think that due to its small cohort, Curry is the most competitive Accel program in the area. I know someone who was rejected at Curry and accepted at MGH. I heard that MGH accepts around 90 but I am not sure how accurate that figure is.
- May 3, '12 by jennyp29No letter in the mail yet...I'm assuming I got waitlisted too though since I had 2 prereqs left when I applied (just finished one a week ago). I didn't realize how much they weigh whether you completed the all prereqs or not! Oh well...will post on here when I find out. I'm going to see if the advisor will tell me over the phone as I just want the official decision already!
- May 3, '12 by jennyp29Ok got the call back...didn't get in (not sure if I was waitlisted or rejected though). Oh well, I was expecting that. Congrats Mapie on your acceptance, and good luck to everyone! We'll all get in somewhere.
- May 3, '12 by abqbbqi'm still waiting for mine too...assuming i didn't get in at this point. oh well! does anyone know the deal with the waitlist? Do people ever come off it?