NEU Direct Entry Online? - page 2
by cwrn1 38,044 Views | 189 Comments
Hello, I was browsing the Northeastern University website and saw there is a new Direct Entry (Online) BSN/MSN program that is located out of the Burlington campus. They don't require the GRE's for this program, but they do for... Read More
- 0Mar 12, '12 by jrwinneyHmm, I can't find much information about this program on their site. I filled out the information site last night and got 5 phone calls from them today when I was at work. I will call them back tomorrow to get some more information. Where did you apply, do you have a link? I am just having a tough time finding info because it is so new. I live in Burlington, so the program would be great. I am waiting to hear from Simmons and am on the waitlist at Regis.
Thank you for any information you can give regarding applying - I will be calling tomorrow as well.
- 0Mar 21, '12 by MeeeshlizzI was called today by the admissions office at NEU and I was denied entry for the traditional program but accepted into the hybrid program for the summer cohort but since I am graduating may 19, I would have to defer entry until fall. The program allows you to go into admin or neonatal but to go into the other specialties you have to reapply. I was also accepted into the family specialty at MHG. Northeastern was my number 1 school so I feel inclined to study there plus the commuters charelstown is really difficult! They said there would be no difference in my bachelors degree and no where on any paperwork would it differentiate hybrid from traditional pathways. Labs and clinically would still be in Boston and Burlington. I am going to have a tough time deciding, where is everyone else at with these schools? My deposit for MGH is due march 29, June for NEU. I hope this helps/I would love as much feedback as possible!!
- 0Mar 22, '12 by jrwinneyWow, did they tell you that you were accepted on the phone? I have a phone appointment with them on Monday and have already sent them my transcripts. I didn't realize that you can do Neonatal as well with this I am really excited!
So far, I am waitlisted at Regis and accepted to Simmons - but I live in Burlington, so this NEU program would be perfect for me!
- 0Mar 22, '12 by KcarmHi @ Meeeshlizz, I'm in the same boat as you. I'm also graduating May 19th so would have to defer for the fall. Northeastern was also my top choice and I'm in at Regis but waitlisted at MGH so I'm leaning towards northeastern because I was really impressed with their clinical placements!
- 0Mar 22, '12 by routtl1Hi all! I was accepted into the hybrid program as well, and also wouldn't be starting until the fall. I was just wondering what are everyone's opinions on the program? It makes me a little nervous to think that all of the courses are online.. Also, I'm from Cincinnati so moving to Boston would be a big change and it scares me to think that I would be doing it all alone!
- 0Mar 26, '12 by jrwinneyCongrats to all those who were accepted! I talked with admissions today to begin the application process. She was a bit concerned about my GPA (it is a 2.8 for undergrad school I graduated from - but 3.32 at another that I was at for 2 years because I transferred). She said that the first thing they look at is your GPA, and the 2.8 stands out and they want 3.0 min. She said my experience in healthcare is impressive though, so I am really hoping that they look at my application as a whole.
Are all of your guys' pre-reqs completed already? I have to take Developmental Psych and Microbiology this summer. Can you apply before pre-reqs are finished? When I try to apply right now, the only option is for Summer1 - she said that Fall would be added soon. Did you guys apply for Summer and then get deferred to Fall?
Thanks for any clarification you guys can give!!