MGH Accelerated BSN - Spring 2013Register Today!
- by whittle03 Jul 3, '12Hi all,
There were one or two comments at the end of the 2012 thread that went unanswered, so I figured I would start a thread for those applying to the MGH ASBN beginning January 2013. I received the email this morning saying my application is complete, so now the waiting begins.
Anyone else applying for this cycle? We can commiserate during the wait and hopefully share the good news later.
- Jul 9, '12 by tialaHi whittle03,
I applied last week of June. So I'm waiting like you are. Do you know when we're suppose to hear back?
- Jul 11, '12 by odinakaHi, am looking to apply to any school for spring 2013. Please, what is the name of the school, and the prerequisites. Thanks
- Jul 19, '12 by JillGreenbergHey everyone!I applied to the January 2013 cohort too.BBA may 2012 from UMass Amherst, 3.25 undergrad GPA, CNA certified, working at Dana-FarberI'm so nervous...
- Jul 23, '12 by whittle03@tiala -- they said 6-8 weeks from the deadline, so hopefully mid to late-August.
@jill -- I'm at Dana-Farber, too.
3.2 BS in Biology/Pre-Med from Ohio State in '07. Worked in a transplant research lab for 3 years, and have been a research coordinator in oncology for 2 years.
Good luck to everyone!
- Jul 23, '12 by tialaHi whittle03 and JillGreenberg,
What were your prereq gpa? I'm really nervous because my undergrad gpa is really low.
- Jul 23, '12 by whittle03@tiala -- my prereqs were a 3.3
- Jul 25, '12 by JillGreenbergI haven't done my GPA out but my grades were:
A+P 1 B+
A+P 2 A
Microbio (just finished yesterday) either B+ or A-
Human development (still in progress)
I'm a B+ student for the most part, haha
- Jul 25, '12 by JillGreenbergIf I get what I expect to in Microbio and Human Development, I should have about a 3.48 in my prereqs.
- Jul 25, '12 by tialaAre you not taking Nutrition? I have about a 3.7 in my prereqs, I hope that makes up for my low undergrad gpa.