Lowest GPA for acceptance into ADN program?Register Today!
- by hopefulRN'17 May 31Hi everyone,
I am two classes away from having all pre and co-requisites completed for ADN programs but even if I get an A in these last two classes, my GPA would only be a 3.39. I'm feeling like this won't be enough for me to get into a program.
I am applying to Massasoit, Roxbury, Quincy, and Bunker Hill and have only taken the TEAS V for Massasoit (81%) Even though my GPA isn't stellar, would I still have a fighting chance seeing that all the non nursing classes would be completed prior to application?
Thanks a bunch!
I am basically trying to see what the lowest gpa accepted was for ppl going into an ADN program here in MA.
- Jun 1 by armywife80It's hard to say for Quincy, until recently admissions were based solely on the Accuplacer score.
- Jun 2 by MissM.RNWow - really?? 100% based on accuplacer...and I would bet tons of people get high scores but make horrible bedside nurses. sigh. i think you still have a good shot, that's a good GPA! beware: ADN nurses have a tougher time in the boston new-grad RN job market. do you have CNA (nursing assistant in Mass, I think it's PCA or PCT elsewhere) experience? That might help your application. Good luck! Go RCC!!
- Jun 2 by armywife80Yes, 100%. I think the first group of applicants under the new criteria are going through the process now. Unfortunately I'm not sure when decisions will be made so I can't offer better info for the OP... Sorry, good luck on your applications though!
- Jun 3 by hopefulRN'17The only experience that I have is clinical / patient of 17 years but in dentistry. I am leaving it to go into nursing. Thank you for your info!
- Jul 24 by armywife88I was wondering if anyone can tell me which is a better college bunker hill or Quincy?