Does anyone currently attend Laboure College for their nursing program? - page 2
by jm1988 | 11,691 Views | 15 Comments
Hi, im 21 years old currently taking courses for nursing programs. I would like to apply there and I've heard negative things in the past about the school, i was wondering is there any updates and how is it like now? also what... Read More
- 0May 6, '11 by kiki617Thanks for the advice. Does Quincy have an app deadline or rolling admissions? Is it just as competitive as other programs? Laboure def makes me worried, and i feel they accept everyone. Unfortunately I havent received much feedback on this site about it, recently anyways. Good luck on your apps.
- 0Jun 22, '11 by ely08Hi everyone:
I was reading the reviews for Laboure College and quiet serious that I am really doubting. Anyway my App. was sent in already and I was told to wait for an answer. I have completed my pre-reqs. at another college, btw I am applying for the 2 yr. Nursing Program. I am not sure if they would take my SC. courses (A&P I and II and Microbiology) Please let me know how the process is and if there are any other choices. I am not from MA so I really need help...
- 1Jul 18, '11 by chaisaciI do not go to this school but one of my professors is also a prof. there as well. She is a bit out there but all in all a good teacher, she has a lot of knowledge and cares if students pass which is more than I can say about my other Prof. and clinical instructors!!!
- 0Jan 18, '13 by antdalasQuote from jm1988Best wishesHi, im 21 years old currently taking courses for nursing programs. I would like to apply there and I've heard negative things in the past about the school, i was wondering is there any updates and how is it like now? also what type of grades do you need to get accepted ?
- 2Jun 18 by laboure1Hi everyone, full disclosure - I am a senior cabinet member at Laboure College. I would just like to add to this conversation. The College has this past year undergone significant changes: disaffiliating from Steward Health Care becoming independent for the first time and moving to a brand new campus in Milton.
Throughout this change, we also polled our students and alumni and addressed their most important concerns: 1.) There was a concern that the College was run poorly - that there was not communication between offices and that different people told students different things. This has been addressed by combining all student offices into a new One-Stop center and streamlining our processes. Now a student only has to go to one place to get their questions answered and problems solved. 2.) We have heard you, and this Fall we are accepting transfer credits for A&P as well as Microbiology.
Two new Vice Presidents have been hired, one in Student Enrollment and one in Academic Affairs. They are exceptional and were specifically hired because of their strong, student-centered philosophies.Last edit by Esme12 on Jun 21 : Reason: TOS