Anyone from Regis College? - Page 6Register Today!
- Mar 14, '09 by juliewooQuote from MissPamela19I filled out my FAFSA in January as I was sending out my applications. You should definitely fill it out now and not wait too much longer.Caroline, Congrats on getting into UMASS!
This question is kind of for everyone, regardless of the school you plan on attending... did you all fill out your FAFSA before you had a decision from a school? I just got into Regis this week, and that's where I will be going. I know they don't send out financial info until July ... but does anyone have an idea when I should fill out my FAFSA? I'm assuming sooner rather than later...
I haven't even THOUGHT about a FAFSA in years since undergrad... haha.
- Mar 14, '09 by caroline82Miss Pamela thanks . As far as the FAFSA goes I had no idea I had to fill one out...ugh. Because UMass only allows you to fill it out if you get in, and if they let you know after April Forget it, I think I already missed the deadline. I sent one application the last min. to MGH and Simmons. SO not looking forward to the bills and the loans...
- Mar 16, '09 by calalillyHey MissPamela19. I do live in Boston.
I went down to Yale this past weekend, and was not impresed at all with their facilities. In fact, I though Regis had a lot more to offer. The admissions counselor at Yale was telling me how they hoped to get a simulation dummy for their Med school. She was hoping the nursing students would be able to use it. I was shocked that they didnt have one yet. Regis has 2! And it wasnt even definite that the nursing students would be able to use it. I was surprised, they seemed to be behind the times. After my Yale visit I have decided that the only reason someone would go there is for the name. Their program doesnt seem any better than what you would get at Regis, NEU, Simmons, MGH.
I am leaning more and more toward Regis, so we may be classmates in the fall. I am still waiting to hear back from Simmons though. Hopefully that will be soon.
- Mar 16, '09 by calalillykobrien629, what program did you apply to at SImmons. I didnt think we would hear until April for the DE program. Thanks!
- Mar 20, '09 by Jennifer0512MissPamela... and anyone else who is going to Regis next year. I just wanted to update you to let you know that I am sending in my deposit on Monday and will definitely be attending Regis! Yay! I'm really excited about it and I am also definitely taking those 2 prereqs over the summer at Regis, so maybe we will get a chance to meet up before real classes start in September. It'd be nice to have a familiar face. Let me know what your plans are!
- Mar 20, '09 by MissPamela19Yayyy how exciting!! What made you decide??
We will have to exchange info - I will send you a message with my contact info and I would love to get together before orientation, which I do believe is in July??
Anyway, congrats again and I'm still so excited!! I still haven't decided about my prereqs... Regis is a hike for me to go M-Th for 6 weeks, so I looked into other schools within Boston, and none of them seem to work out schedule-wise. So I'm still really torn... I may have no choice but to commute to Regis. I have to decide by next week to register and whatnot, so I will keep you posted.
- Mar 20, '09 by Jennifer0512Everything just seemed right at Regis... the commute is better for me than at the actual in Boston schools, it's slightly cheaper than some of the other schools, I like the 3-year time line, they have good clinical sites, it's a great program, I've talked to a lot of RNs and NPs who graduated from there and they have NOTHING bad to say about it (and they're obviously successful), and also Regis is interested in me. They are the only school that actually has made me feel like a person and not a number!
Basically there was nothing bad about Regis and it just seemed to make more sense for me rather than some of the other schools, so yeah I was nervous about making the final decision (it just seemed so well...FINAL) but after talking it over with my friends and family it was obvious that this is the right school for me!
Haha long explanation, but yeah I'm excited. That is a tough decision about prereqs. Def keep me updated about that. And I look forward to your message. Even if you don't end up taking prereqs at Regis we should still try to hang out sometime this summer before orientation!
- Mar 23, '09 by calalillyI have finally made my decision, and I will be attending Regis int he fall! I am so excited and releived to know where I will be.
- Mar 23, '09 by Jennifer0512Yay Calalilly!
You, Pamela, and I are all going to be classmates! I'm so excited. Do you have to take any prereqs this summer or are you all done?
I sent in my deposit today actually and am also really relieved to have that step done with. Now it's just pure excitement. I hope they send us more information soon!
Congrats again! Can't wait to meet you!
- Mar 23, '09 by calalillyThanks! Congrats to you too for sending in the deposit. It defeinitely feels good. I am currently taking a growth and development class, and that is my only pre-req. I cant wait to hear more from them. I am getting really excited.