UMSON pre-req question...can someone help? :)Register Today!
This is a discussion on UMSON pre-req question...can someone help? :) in Maryland State Nursing Programs, part of Maryland Nursing ... I am scouring the site to see when the official deadline for finishing up pre-reqs is, but I can't...by SB113 Dec 4, '11I am scouring the site to see when the official deadline for finishing up pre-reqs is, but I can't seem to locate it. I am "hoping" that I can take my FINAL pre-req (Statistics) over the summer. Does anyone here know if that's even a possibility? Is that too late?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=649342©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 929 Views
- Dec 4, '11 by umsonspring2012I am assuming that you are trying to apply for the fall. I got accepted into the spring 2012 class and I am finishing up my pre-reqs before that. I have a fried who also got accepted for spring 2012 and hadn't taken micro, chem or psych. So, go ahead and apply.As long as your pre-reqs are able to be completed before the start of your first semester. Good luck!
- Dec 4, '11 by SB113Yes "umsonsprin2012", I would be applying for Fall 2012. That sounds like your friend must be amazingly smart, and a good essay writer, to boot!
- Dec 4, '11 by umsonspring2012lol...I guess it helped that it is his second BS and he has a maters also ...But I am finishing up my pysch and stats...Just focus on getting A's on the remaining classes before you apply so the transcript looks good and then the TEAS score is important. I didn't really volunteer but I do work for a well known nonprofit so that may have helped me in that department. As long as you application is well-rounded I don't think you will have a problem
- Dec 6, '11 by tippenyYou can be currently enrolled in up to 5 pre-requisites and be conditionally accepted into the school. If you are accepted, you need to maintain a B average in those classes. I am finishing up 3 classes right now (micro, developmental psych, and nutrition) and have been accepted for the Spring 2012 semester. Good luck to you!
- Mar 25 by gegelishHi, where do I take prerequisites for UMSON.
- Mar 26 by MusicToMedicineGegelish, you can take prerequisites at your local community college or another university. It's up to you. Of course, a university will require that you be accepted by their institution first. A community college will be less expensive as well. If you are already in Maryland, there's an online system (there's a link to it through the UMSON website) that can help you make sure you're taking the proper class at your community college to fulfill each prerequisite. If you're out-of-state, I'd go ahead and call UMSON to be certain the classes you're wanting will transfer appropriately.