UMSON, Fall 2012...is NO ONE applying?! :) :) - Page 19Register Today!
- Apr 16, '12 by Latin ladyHave any RN-BSN students been notified as of yet?
- Apr 16, '12 by AprilAnneyQuote from SB113I got in my first try... but I'll tell you that it's probably easier to get in for the spring semester than it is for the fall. I'm not guaranteeing that this is true, but here's my logic:AprilAnney, were you too previously rejected?? What did YOU tweak the second time around??
Fall semester is full of students that are on the "right track"- meaning, they finished high school, went straight on to college for 2 years, and are now applying to the 2 years of nursing school. These students are focused and have their eye on the prize, they've been getting ready for this for years. Spring students are students that are either second career/second degree (I went to school for Criminal Justice back in the day, so this is my second time around in college) or students that got thrown off track by a semester or so.
I'd say a great tweak would be your entrance essay. Have fun with it. Don't do the usual "I want to be a nurse because I want to help people" speech. Be memorable.
...and do some volunteering at a hospital if/when you get a chance...
If you were waitlisted, try again in the spring!
- Apr 17, '12 by celinaconejoHas anyone else's status not changed? It is so annoying and I wish I just knew already.
Can we get an update on what has been happening in admissions?
- Apr 17, '12 by mcmattsHi celinaconejo,
My status has not been updated either! I am sure it will change soon!
- Apr 17, '12 by lla27Mine is still unchanged as well. Just wanted to let you know you're not the only one!
- Apr 17, '12 by GordonIsSoCoolMy friend just got the call from admission office and she's in.
- Apr 17, '12 by celinaconejoI still don't know. Have any of you called?
And congrats to her I am sure she was very relieved.Last edit by celinaconejo on Apr 17, '12 : Reason: typo
- Apr 18, '12 by mcmattsI called yesterday and they told me that I will know BY MAY 5TH! Yes, May 5th.
- Apr 18, '12 by ldrenkowOMG what is going on???
- Apr 18, '12 by bluewonderI have a question for those who have been accepted into the program. When will you register for a CPR class? Is it too early to do this in the following two months? I am confused because it says on the website that :"Certification must be completed within three months prior to the semester you are entering."