UMSON BSN Fall 2013 - Page 6Register Today!
- Mar 1 by saaniasiddiquiI also took English 1 and 2, but they are saying that they only accept EN109 as English 2. I am taking ENGL395 because it is a requirement for me at UMCP, but it is a lot more advanced than 109. I will try calling today or on Monday to figure it all out. But for now, my application still says "complete ready for review."
- Mar 1 by Grey LadyAll accepted students are notified AT THE SAME TIME - as much as possible given the numbers and how long it takes to call them - it can take 2 - 3 days. Make sure the phone number on your application is both there and accurate. As far as the applicants are concerned, there really is no difference between Committee Ready and Complete and Ready for Review. It is more an internal processing code for the admissions staff so it does not tell the applicant anything.
- Mar 6 by ambz13Grey Lady,
Does UMSON calculate GPA by overall or by prereq GPA?
- Mar 10 by ersochWow, so we get notified by phone?? Hmm, I am nervous! Will they leave a voicemail if I don't pick up? I am a pretty busy person and I would hate to accidentally miss that call!
- Mar 12 by Grey LadyUMSON calculates 3 GPAs, overall, science, and nursing pre-requisites. The admissions staff will try to call all accepted students but will only leave a generic "Please call back" message.
- Mar 13 by saaniasiddiquiHas anyone been labeled as committee ready yet? I'm so nervous :\
- Mar 14 by Grey LadyOnly a little over half of the applicants are Committee Ready. Please do not worry if your status has not changed to Committee Ready - it really does not mean anything to the applicant. Acceptances will not be announced until ALL applications have been voted on by the admissions committee. Also, next week is spring break so the admissions committee will not be meeting so it is not at all likely that decisions will be made this month. I know it's hard, but hang in there!
- Mar 14 by saaniasiddiquiThank you Grey Lady I'm just worried about taking my outstanding EN109 course, which depends on whether or not I get accepted. I will have to take it at MC because CP doesn't offer any English courses at that level. I still haven't been able to figure out whether or not EN395 will be good enough to fulfill that requirement, since it is a writing class for health professionals. The CPR certification is also something I really need to start looking into!
- Mar 15 by zoe92I am so nervous! And anxious. I don't know what to do with myself!
- Mar 18 by Grey LadyIf you get a CPR card in May or later in the summer, it will be good for two years and will not expire while you are in school unless you go an extra semester. PLEASE make sure you get the right CPR card - only two are acceptable. Any others are a waste of your time and money. See the SON website under Accepted Students for details.