UMSON BSN Fall 2013 - Page 4Register Today!
- Feb 1 by Grey LadyQuote from sarah0530That has always been a bit of a mystery to me. I only know that they are awarded once the admissions process is finished and that they are announced to the student when the student is told they have been admitted.Hi everyone,
I am wondering about the merit scholarships. Grey Lady, or any current or past students, do you happen to know about the criteria for receiving one or how many are given out? Are these full scholarships or partial?
- Feb 1 by Grey LadyQuote from ambz13A TEAS score below 70 in any section is seen as a red flag and will be looked at closely. Exactly how and what weight will be given is strictly at the discretion of the admissions committee.Thanks for clarifying Grey Lady!
So I might have a small chance -but I'm okay with that. Some chance is better than no chance!
Not getting in doesn't mean not becoming a nurse, however, I would be completely ecstatic if I could make it in.
ersoch- You will probably be in great shape since you have retaken it and received and A! I still need to retake mine in the summer. It's funny because I felt like A&P I was easier and pretty straightforward, while A&P II was much more difficult and had more complicated physiology.
Grey Lady- Do you know if TEAS scores factor in with the science GPA? For example: If a student has a 4.0 science GPA and a science TEAS of 52, is that seen as a red flag? Same with the other way around; a student has a 3.0 science GPA and a score in the 90's on TEAS science section. I'm curious because I'd really like to tweak my application if I do not make it in for Fall 2013.
- Feb 1 by ginune00Now the wait... Good luck everyone!
- Feb 1 by sarah0530Thanks!
- Feb 1 by ql279Good for u! Believe yourself and wish u the best
- Feb 7 by orterpfanQuestion for Grey Lady regading GPA. Does the committee average the separate GPAs across all colleges attended or do they concentrate on the one where the degree was granted? In my case, the first year at college X I got a 3.0. Then I transferred to college Y and graduated with a 3.7 in health sciences. Thanks!
- Feb 7 by saaniasiddiquiEEEEEKK finally ready for review!! I'm super nervous (although I do have a backup plan of just staying at UMD and finishing up my BS in knes). I'm a bit worried about my GPA's (even though at both MC and UMD, I pulled off GPA's of 3.30). I do have one C in A&P I, and I retook 2 other classes
- Feb 8 by JulieBeansHi everybody I've applied (pretty last minute) to the Fall BSN program and my application status finally says complete and ready for review. I have a 3.73 GPA with all my prereqs complete and a science gpa of 3.5. My TEAS V score was 85.3% with above 80% on each section. I have recommendations from a Statistics and an Anatomy professor. I didn't have any medical experience or volunteer work on my resume, but I have worked as a caregiver for a woman with special needs for almost 3 years. Does my lack of medical experience and volunteer work hurt my chances? Also, I earned my high school diploma through a GED test and did not graduate from HS. I've been wondering how the admissions commitee would view that.
- Feb 12 by Grey LadyQuote from orterpfanThe committee does not assign and/or crunch numbers to come up with a single score for each applicant. There is no one formula which determines guaranteed acceptance. They look at you as individuals and they look at everything in your application in detail and they evaluate the information based on their experiences with successful and unsuccessful students. Then they discuss and they vote.Question for Grey Lady regading GPA. Does the committee average the separate GPAs across all colleges attended or do they concentrate on the one where the degree was granted? In my case, the first year at college X I got a 3.0. Then I transferred to college Y and graduated with a 3.7 in health sciences. Thanks!
- Feb 25 by sbaumg93Grey Lady,
I have applied to the Baltimore campus for entry in the fall semester. I am concerned because my status still shows complete and ready for review, and not commitee ready.
I did have one transcript that shows as recieved February 7th. However, this was the second transcript that I had sent from this school. The first transcript sent was mailed out from the school on December 10th, however, did not show up as received long after the rest of the documents had. I had a second transcript sent in the hopes that it would get there on time but unfortunately it didn't.
Does this mean that my application will not be reviewed and will automatically be rejected?