TEAS V- Exemplary, Advanced, Proficient or Basic? - Page 5Register Today!
- Sep 15, '11 by Don1968I got a 90 and it was advanced. I saw another posting of someone who got a 92 and it was exemplary.
- Sep 26, '11 by umsonspring2012I scored a 90.7 on the Teas V and that was in the 99th percentile "exemplary"...Hope that helps.
- Dec 1, '11 by Don1968Quote from studentRN2beOut of curiosity, it that something that just CCBC classifies by? I'm wondering because my score was 90 and the report said that I was Advanced.For CCBC, this is what found:
Proficient score = 58% - 79%
Advanced = 80% - 89%
Exemplary = 90% - 100%
I found this by reading post on here and asking School of Health Professions @ CCBC Essex.
I also found they do not look at individual scores... they put your application into 3 different categories; you get x amount of points for proficient, x amount of points for advanced, and x amount of points for exemplary. I thought this was pretty good info! Good Luck Everyone!
- Jan 21, '12 by cegc05I did poorly on the exam as well I got a 62% which is proficient, but I have a 4.0 gpa I don't know how that will effect my chances.
Quote from studentRN2beI need to retake the TEAS V @ CCBC and they are not posting requirements other than scores Proficient or higher get accepted. I obviously want to get the highest score possible, but I also want to see where I stand.
If you wouldn't mind, please share your overall TEAS V score and if it was: Exemplary, Advanced, Proficient or Basic. I would really be grateful.
- Jan 21, '12 by umsonspring2012Some schools only use GPA to qualify the applicant i.e. if you have the minimun GPA required then you are welcome to apply and they won't consider it for much else. They use the TEAS score as the deciding factor and basically, rank the students from highest to lowest and pick the top students until all seats are filled. I know that's what MC does. Some school take a different approach. BUT to remain competitive, you may want to retake the exam. It's my advice if you want to have a fighting chance against everyone else. Good luck
- Jan 31, '12 by Don1968Make sure you study well for the next TEAS, use the ATI Study guide and complete or come as close as you can to completing the science prereqs you are taking before the application deadline. Some schools will only allow a limited number of TEAS tests per application cycle.
- Feb 10 by dreaxMy adjusted score was 58 just barely at the proficient level. My school still encouraged me to apply and am currently waiting until april to know if I was accepted . Has anyone had similar scores and accepted ??? Please let me know! Im a nervous wreck! BTW my school requires a 66 adjusted score and a 70% in the reading section. I got a 83 in reading a 40 in math a 70 in english and a 40 in science.
- Feb 10 by dreaxMC? is that montgomery college?
- Mar 8 by nursefellyHi, I am applying for Fall 2013 at CCBC-Essex (Day program). My adjusted individual total score was 87.3% (advanced). It was percentile rank 97 national and 98 program. My break down was Reading: 88.1%, Math: 90.0%, Science: 83.3%, and English/Language: 90.0%.Last edit by nursefelly on Mar 8 : Reason: typo