Montgomery College Nursing Fall 2012Register Today!
This is a discussion on Montgomery College Nursing Fall 2012 in Maryland State Nursing Programs, part of Maryland Nursing ... Greetings! I wanted to start a thread for anyone who has applied into Montgomery College's Fall '12...by drea588 Mar 14, '12Greetings! I wanted to start a thread for anyone who has applied into Montgomery College's Fall '12 Nursing program. I am applying after my second attempt on the TEAS which will be on Tuesday, March 20th. My first try (without study) rendered scores that barely met the minimum requirements, so I am hoping to have a higher, more competitive score this time around. I also have all four priority courses completed, so I am hopeful to be accepted!
Good luck to anyone who comes across this thread!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=686020©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 15,711 Views
- Mar 15, '12 by EbbiHey there. I am planning to apply. I am retaking the TEAS on the 28th. I took it 2 years ago to get into Marymoun's 2nd degree BSN program. My scores were 90% English and 78% overall percentile without studying but not competitive enough for Marymount. My a&p classes are right at the 5 year mark so I'm nervous about that. Good luck on your test.
- Mar 15, '12 by drea588Hi Ebbi!
Did you take the TEAS IV originally? I did a little digging on here for other MC student TEAS scores who applied for fall '11 and spring '12. The lowest TEAS V score I came across that got admitted was a 78.7% overall, but I am not sure if they had completed any of the priority courses. I did not come across anyone who had submitted lower test scores that was either admitted or not.
I also understand that they use a score about 78% in reading as a qualifying factor, much like the 2.5 gpa, and that you are ranked according to the priority courses and the overall TEAS V score.
Thank you for the luck! The best of luck to you as well!
- Mar 20, '12 by drea588Just an update, I took the TEAS V again today.
My first try without study: 69.3%
English and Language Usage: 63.3%
These scores were after BI107 and BI203.
After completing the above mentioned and BI204 CH100A and MA116 and having an english major friend sit with me...
Second try: 72% (+2.7%)
Mathematics: 73.3% (-3.4% I ran out of time!)
Science: 54.2% (the same! I actually improved in HBS=9.1% LS=20% and in SR=Same Score but in EPS scored 35.7%less than I had previously!)
English and Language Usage: 73.3% (+10%)
That low score in 'Earth and Physical Science' brought my overall score way down! When I studied, I quickly went over the science part and knew the majority of the material, so I hardly touched it. I bought the 2 practice exams through ATI and did really well on both in all the sections. I had expected to do so much better on the real TEAS, much better than the 72%. Oh well, whats done is done. I hope that by my having all other pre-reqs as well as all four priority courses completed, that I will get accepted for the fall! My fingers are crossed and I will be turning in my application by this friday! Good luck to everone else!
- Mar 23, '12 by redmonds12Hi there to my fellow Fall 2012 applicants!! I am also applying for Fall 2012. I just got home from taking my TEAS for the second time.
The first time around I got a 75% overall.
This second time (after buying the book and studying a whole lot more) I got my score up to an 85%. Just turned in the papers and application.
I dont have all of the priority classes done which is the part I am a little worried about. Anyone know when we might hear something??? Im so nervous....I SO want to get in.
- Mar 23, '12 by drea588Hey Ruby! Congrats on your TEAS score! You did an excellent job. How many of the priority courses have you completed so far? When I turned in my application I had asked when to expect a response and was told July! Hopefully it will be sooner. Good Luck!
- Mar 27, '12 by sarahcooperI just turned in my fall 2012 application on Friday! Good luck to everyone!
- Apr 4, '12 by drea588i went to the information session yesterday at tkss just to sit in and see if there may be any new information, and there was! they accept 112 students now, up 8 from the past semester, and they also provided the average teas scores they receive – between 72-74! i’m in luck! so my fingers are crossed and im looking forward to mid/late may, which is exptect to be when letters are sent!
also- a few pointers, as i was advised: if you’ve applied, make sure you have signed up for a cpr-bls course, along with starting to put together information related to your health. you will need blood titers (within the past 5 years acceptable),a physical exam, your ppd, flu shot and more!
- Apr 7, '12 by Eramos809Hey all!!!
I have also applied to the nursing program in the fall!!! Good Luck to everyone!!!!
I was hoping to hear before June to know if I got in but I guess its worth the wait.
I did fairly well on the Teas and have all the pre reqs done so I am hoping for good news,
I've also applied for the BSN program at UMB, at Shady Grove so I will have my fingers crossed
and hope to get in some where for the fall!
Good to know about the "TO DO LIST" for applicants;
I'm already CPR certified, and have had shots, titers and PPD done, I work at a hospital so its mandatory
for me to get checked and vaccinated yearly.
The wait though is torture!!
But good luck to all of us and lets hope for the best!!!!
- Apr 8, '12 by kedacakesQuote from drea588Greetings! I wanted to start a thread for anyone who has applied into Montgomery College's Fall '12 Nursing program. I am applying after my second attempt on the TEAS which will be on Tuesday, March 20th. My first try (without study) rendered scores that barely met the minimum requirements, so I am hoping to have a higher, more competitive score this time around. I also have all four priority courses completed, so I am hopeful to be accepted!
Good luck to anyone who comes across this thread!
Thank drea588 for getting this thread started. I applied at the last minute to Montgomery College's Nursing Program for Fall 2012 on the 29th, the same day I took the TEAS for the first time! I was accepted to GW Nursing program last fall but couldn't afford the heavy price tag so I'm trying again, taking another route to get to the same destination. I was going to apply to Montgomery for Fall of 2013 but when my hours go cut at work I decided now was the time! I have all requirements done including micro and all general education classes completed so I'm hoping I get in. Does anyone know of a clinic that has reasonable fees for all the blood work and vaccines? Also, does anyone plan on working while in school?