CCBC Spring 2011Register Today!
This is a discussion on CCBC Spring 2011 in Maryland State Nursing Programs, part of Maryland Nursing ... Hello everyone, I wanted to say hello to everyone applying to Spring 2011. When do you plan on...by studentRN2be May 24, '10Hello everyone,
I wanted to say hello to everyone applying to Spring 2011. When do you plan on handing in your application? I am so excited to be near the end of my perquisites. GOOD LUCK and I hope to see you all in the spring!!!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=481467©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 27,418 Views
- May 26, '10 by 4thGenerationI'm finishing up my last prerequisite on July 18th and will be applying after that! I can't wait to actually get into a program too! Are you applying for the traditional or the online/hybrid?
- May 26, '10 by studentRN2beQuote from 4thGenerationI am applying to the traditional day program. I am sooooooo nervous about being excepted. What prequisites are you taking now?I'm finishing up my last prerequisite on July 18th and will be applying after that! I can't wait to actually get into a program too! Are you applying for the traditional or the online/hybrid?
- May 30, '10 by erikab987Hey guys!
I am planning on applying for Spring 2011 as well. I will have everything done by Fall except A&PII. I am super nervous about TEAS, no idea what to expect! Guess I'll be taking that in July or August. They say the program is getting more and more competitive every semester because of so many people returning to school.
- I applied for the Day program CCBC Essex to enter Spring 2011. I am taking the TEAS this summer. I have two more pre-reqs this summer, and Micro and AP2 in the Fall. My grades are really good, but I'm worried about the Fall credits not counting when I apply. The whole thing gives me a lot of stress. I was told we would know decisions by Thanksgiving. That's a long wait.
- Jun 8, '10 by erikab987I'll be applying for Spring 2011 soon. I will have everything finished in August except for AP 2, which I'll be doing in the Fall. I do have a 4.0 but I am horrible at taking tests so I am really nervous about the TEAS. I know you have to have at least a 2.5 but I feel like a 4.0 could be common among students applying to the program and I just don't know how I am going to do with my final sciences. I heard there were over 500 applicants last semester...that's alot of competition. Anyone know the average GPA and TEAS score for applicants? I know someone that got accepted for Fall and they said the wait is HORRIBLE! I am also applying to U of M, Notre Dame and Towson since I have all of the other credits for the BSN satisfied but I am currently not working so I am trying to get through as quickly as possible so I'm not even sure that a BSN is possible for me unless I find a job that will work around school. I have heard so many horror stories about the program but that it's all worth it in the end b/c CCBC has has a 100% NCLEX pass rate for the last few semesters...eek!!!!!
Did you get the study guide for the TEAS? I'm going thru it. It isn't too bad. It's like highschool level.
- Erika, a 4.0 is not common. Think about how many people got A's in your AP1. I doubt it was over 5.
- Jun 9, '10 by studentRN2beQuote from LaurieEllen1973Very good point! Everyone thinks you need a 4.0 or close to it to get in. If that is the case, I am out of luck. I have a 3.0. I was told by CCBC, they accepted students below a 3.0 this up coming fall. I am taking Micro and Psych 103 now. I am handing in my application tomorrow.Erika, a 4.0 is not common. Think about how many people got A's in your AP1. I doubt it was over 5.
- Jun 9, '10 by erikab987That's strange b/c I know someone w/ a 3.0 that got wait-listed. I don't know what her TEAS score was. Hearing that is what basically made me so nervous. I am going to get the study guide for the TEAS and get my transcripts together (I have transfer credits) and get my app completed by the end of the month. Good luck to everyone, hope to see you in class!!