CCBC - N/W Fall 2012 Applicants - Page 14Register Today!
- Apr 3, '12 by rngraduate2014@djsage13 we have orientation May 21st but I believe its end of August. Im hoping for some type of summer start optionsBCCC is also test driving an evening and weekend clinical option this semester but I don't know which option I'm under yet.BCCC required your seat acceptance letter by April 9 what was/is the date for harford. County
- Apr 4, '12 by DanaMLUCKY! I've got chem 107&108 Math and Speech, been SUPER busy. Shock Trauma? Tell me more... sounds like you enjoy it. Trauma nurse is one of my top 3 dream jobs. Are you taking any classes this summer?
- Hey Dana! Sounds like you're pretty busy this semester so I am sure you're welcoming the Spring Break! I doubt that I will be taking any classes this summer. I will be taking the dosage class, going to Disney world and getting everything else in order for nursing school. Classes start the 3rd week of August so the only option would be the first summer session. Although I would like to knock out nutrition and just have chem left for my bachelors.
Shock Trauma is absolutely amazing. The other week I watched them crack open this guys chest and massage his heart. He had serious internal bleeding from a gun shot wound. He ended up dying but the experience was priceless. Last night wasn't too exciting. Got to bring a patient from the helipad and had a suicide attempt. Other than that it was pretty much non-life threatening injuries. I love it there though. That's definitely where I want to work after I get some experience as an RN.
So that's one of your 3 dream jobs...what's the other 2?
- @RNgrad I had to send in my seat fee as well to Harford. You're right, that was due on the 9th of April. Although their classes start on May 21st.So are you definitely going to BCCC or are you waiting to hear back from CCBC?
- Apr 4, '12 by nps07I got my white card, and they have everything, yay! Now comes the waiting until "early may". Its so hard to not think about this everyday!
- Apr 4, '12 by nps07ST is awesome! i have 3 friends working there in the OR and they have GSW come up all the time.. they tell me its the most adrenaline packed cases they ever do, and i have one friend working in the spine/ortho trauma....
honestly i think once a person goes through ST, they can do any case and tackle anything that comes through the door from GSW to cysto
doing gen chem now :/ not as fun as biol... just need an A and move on lol
- Apr 4, '12 by jmarston624Hey everyone,
Hope everybody is hanging in there waiting for their cards. I know May can't come soon enough. I can't wait! Question. Does anyone know what the schedule may look like for the fall evening/weekend. I'm transferring to a different location for my job and they really want to know if Saturday mornings are out for me. Does anyone know if the clinicals are at a set time or are they flexible??? Please, anyone!!!
- @nps07 I thought you were accepted in the CCBC nursing program last fall?
@jmartson624 From what I know, the schedule is classes on Tuesday and Thursday night and then there is a lab on either Monday or Wednesday night. Then clinical rotations are on Saturday and Sunday from 7am to around 12/1:00.
- Apr 4, '12 by jmarston624Do you know if they are every Saturday and Sunday or does it rotate? My potential job is wanting me to work at least one or two saturday mornings from 9 til 1pm. :uhoh21:
- Unfortunately,Every Saturday and Sunday except for the time off of school (ex. Thanksgiving, Christmas, Spring Break etc.).