CCBC Fall 2013 Nursing ApplicantsRegister Today!
This is a discussion on CCBC Fall 2013 Nursing Applicants in Maryland State Nursing Programs, part of Maryland Nursing ... Hi everyone! I haven't seen a thread for Fall 2013 applicants yet so I thought now would be a good...by hgeise1207 Jan 28Hi everyone! I haven't seen a thread for Fall 2013 applicants yet so I thought now would be a good time. It's still a little early, but since the deadline is in March, I figured, why not? I took my TEAS over the weekend and submitted my Nursing application today. Just wanted to connect with all the other hopefuls!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=811733©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 6,361 Views
- Jan 31 by samantha_astenHello! I completed my TEAS exam as well and also submitted my application for the Fall 2013 Nursing Program (Essex Campus). Are you finished all of the prereqs? I am currently enrolled in A&P II, which I plan to get an A in! .. This wait is already killing me
- Feb 8 by hgeise1207I'm in Micro now, which is my final pre-req. I check SIMON everyday, even though I know nothing will be there for another couple of months lol Thank goodness I have a class this semester to keep me distracted, or I'd be losing my mind by now!!
- Feb 11 by samantha_astenI also applied to Harfords program as well, but I dont think my chances are good considering you get points deducted for not taking the prereqs at their campus. But I feel i have a good shot at getting into CCBCs program. Good luck with your micro class! I also want to keep checking Simon but the deadline is still another month away so i keep refraining myself from doing so lol
- Feb 12 by hgeise1207I got a post card in the mail the other day that says my application has been processed and I should hear about their decision in early May. Ahhh, the tension! lol Good luck with both of your programs! I looked into Harford's program, but that is just too far away (distance-wise) for me. Besides, since I live in Baltimore Co, I get the county tuition rates. Can't complain!
- Feb 18 by samantha_astenI finally got my post card Yay! My application is being processed as well! Time to keep our fingers crossed
- Feb 25 by lbrynesJust got my Teas results so my application should now be deemed complete.They posted Friday, so I imagine they will be received soon.
Considering taking them again, but not sure I can swing it again. I passed and am proficient, almost to the advanced level, but shy just a few points. Do you think it's that crucial to get in the advanced scoring? My GPA is 3.0 with just the sciences and 3.27 with all 10 weighted. I am so torn. I know it's a gamble, but I am so happy that test is done. My experience with ATI nearly drove me insane. They should really have a better system. Looking to do nights and weekends so I can continue with my current job. Good luck everyone!
- Feb 26 by hgeise1207lbrynes, where did you take your TEAS? Make sure you have them sent to CCBC; they don't do it automatically. If you think you can do better than Proficient on the 2nd round, try again! If not, you're just wasting your time. I think they only look at the categories, not the actual percentages. Good luck with everything! I originally wanted to keep my day job, and do school on the nights and weekends, but I got too nervous that my workload would be too big and my grades would suffer. I've been working 2 jobs, plus school, plus 2 kids (and prego with number 3!!) for a long time now, so daddy can pick up the slack so I can focus! =P I've got my fingers crossed for you both and hopefully the next 2 and a half months fly by to get our decisions =D
PS I have NO idea what my GPA is, with just pre-reqs and totals. I'll look mine up and post when I get the time
- Feb 27 by samantha_astenI was considering retaking the Teas as well. I scored in the advanced range, but I read that it's recommended you retest if you didnt get atleast a 90% in the reading section, which I did not. I'm hoping the overall advanced grade will be sufficient for entry.
- Mar 2 by Ella01Hi. I just got my TEAS result yesterday, and was not happy with my score. It was labeled as "proficient", but i dont know if its good enough for the program.I havent submitted my application yet. I currently have a 3.54 GPA, does anybody know the usual qualifications of the students accepted to the program? I am soooo anxious. I am also wondering if I can turn in my transcript from highschool, since I only graduated last year. My last pre requisites im taking right now is Micro and human anatomy 2. Im keeping my fingers crossed.