UMSON Spring 2013 - page 17
by eodenwal 52,711 Views | 269 Comments
Hey! Anyone planning on applying to UMSON for Spring of '13?... Read More
- 0Nov 6, '12 by sandiego25Quote from celinaconejoThe deadline for the workforce shortage scholarship is past due. I was worried about the criterion needed for the merit scholarship. I do not know if it's based on 4.0 gpa lol@sandiego i am not sure if it is too late, but there is the workforce shortage grant on maryland higher education website, and there are some scholarships which you are considered for when you apply to umson such as the merit scholarship offered.
- 0Nov 7, '12 by celinaconejo@sandiego. I believe it may be based on GPA upon other things. However if you were accepted for that they did say something about it in the phone call you got. As we wait we should introduce ourselves! My name is Celina. I'm 19 and I applied to the shady grove campus. I'm really excited to start at umson. I haven't gotten my letter in the mail, but I can't wait to know the date for orientation. Can't wait to meet all of you!
- 1Nov 7, '12 by lisnurSomeone asked about gpas and all that earlier... My gpa is a 3.77 but my science gpa is a 3.25. I got a 76.8 on the TEAS but I scored in the 80s on the reading and math sections of that, which I heard is more so what they look at. Also, when I applied I had all of my science courses finished which I heard helps a lot. I'm in 3 prereqs now. I tried to make my essay stand out. I wrote about my personal experiences in the hospital and then about what I want academically. I think it was well writen with a strong thesis. I had a really good letter of recommendation from one of my professors. I don't have any experience working in the healthcare field, or volunteering. I've basicly been a stay at home mother for several years so my work experience is minimal. I was honestly shocked that I was accepted! I think my overall gpa, and my essay really helped me get in. Also, I worked hard on my resume and included a lot of school stuff on it. I know if I had applied to fall, that I wouldn't have been accepted!
I wish I could get feedback and know what exactly it was that made them accept me, but I'm just happy that I'm in and focusing on getting through these 3 classes. I signed up for a CPR class and I'm paying the $400 on friday. I'm curious about this background check thing. So they don't require one for us to go to UMSON, but some hospitals might for clinicals. So should we get one done before the semester starts? They said they can't recommend any company. I wonder how much it would be?
- 0Nov 7, '12 by sandiego25Quote from celinaconejoAwww I guess I missed it then. I will be attending the Baltimore campus but we are all classmates despite the distance and will meet each other someday. It is a tough program and we need to work together as a team so we can encourage each other. Congratulations to everyone once more. I am proud of you all.@sandiego. I believe it may be based on GPA upon other things. However if you were accepted for that they did say something about it in the phone call you got. As we wait we should introduce ourselves! My name is Celina. I'm 19 and I applied to the shady grove campus. I'm really excited to start at umson. I haven't gotten my letter in the mail, but I can't wait to know the date for orientation. Can't wait to meet all of you!
- 0Nov 8, '12 by Grey LadyQuote from UMD20Just make sure that the admissions office knows you want the Baltimore campus. I am sure they will do what they can to accomodate you but it may take a little time as they have made enough offers to fill the class in Baltimore. A space has to open up there.Hello Grey Lady. I called earlier today and I learned that I had mistakenly chosen Shady Grove instead of Baltimore. I am very upset because I looked over my application over and over again to make sure everything is correct. I do not have anything against Shady Grove but I simply cannot get to the campus. It'll be a three hour ride using the bus/metro. If I were to get a car it'll be an hour drive. I don't know what I'm going to do. I am so devastated I can't believe this is happening to me.